IGNORED

Tips for making a game work ?

figgler

If you can open the carts, use a good kitchen grease cleaning spray on the edge connector (try it first on the ugliest and most common game you have at least 10 copies of). Works also for the outside of most carts, but try it first on something you don't really want to save.

Alternatively use a pencil eraser to rub the contacts clean.

Or use a q-tip with some alcohol so you can reach the contacts with the cartridge unopened.

Just wanna say thanks to all for the help with Enduro.

After blowing in the cartridge, I tried the eraser method, but it was a good cleaning with alcohol that did the trick.

FYI - Enduro is worth the trouble

Cheers

Just wanna say thanks to all for the help with Enduro.

After blowing in the cartridge, I tried the eraser method, but it was a good cleaning with alcohol that did the trick.

FYI - Enduro is worth the trouble  

Cheers

This method has worked for me far more often than not, and, yes, Enduro is certainly worth the trouble. It was the first racing game I ever played, much less enjoyed. On more modern systems, most of my games have been racing based, so you could say this one started it all for me!

Hiwatt, a company pretty known for its guitar amplifiers, has a new thing called Hiwatt Nanocarbon that they're going to be selling in music instrument retailers and also audio and video big box retailers. Basically you rub it over most any metal connector and it improves signal flow (or so they claim).

They sent me a packet of it which I'm going to try out on my guitar cables (their PR guy insists that it will improve low-end; we'll see), but I'm thinking that it might be a good thing to try on a cart. Next time I get a dodgy cart, I'm going to give this stuff a shot and see what happens.