IGNORED

God I love Circus Atari!

pitfallaimee

Here's a link to our review of the game, in case you can't be bothered to go through the entire site: http://www.geocities.com/paulemoz2/AtariRe...ews/Circus.html

I've played this game since it came out, however many years ago that was, and it's STILL as much fun as it was then. It truly has stood the test of time.

Great game!!  This and Kaboom are my 2 favorite paddle games.

I agree! I definitely think these 2 are the best paddle games... and I think they're great games to show newbies. The paddle games on the 2600 are something totally unique... has ANY other home console had paddles?

The Apple, Atari, and Commodore computers had paddles.  The Bally Astrocade had "dials".

OK... well, I said "consoles." :P

But I guess my point was that these kinds of paddle games are one thing that is completely absent from more modern consoles (i.e. NES forward).

But I guess my point was that these kinds of paddle games are one thing that is completely absent from more modern consoles (i.e. NES forward).

Well.. not completely.. as Arkanoid for the NES came with paddle controllers :) But yeah I know what you're sayin' ;)

The Atari and Commodore computers released game consoles compatable with the same equipment used with the 8-bit computers ;)

The Nes had it's analog controller packaged with Arkanoid. More modern (current) consoles have one or two analog thumb sticks on their controllers.

The Atari and Commodore computers released game consoles compatable with the same equipment used with the 8-bit computers ;)

The Nes had it's analog controller packaged with Arkanoid.  More modern (current) consoles have one or two analog thumb sticks on their controllers.

The PS1 had pseudo-paddles in the form of the NegCon(the controller twisted) and JogCon(had a big wheel thing in the middle) controllers.

Alas, they were only supported by racing games.

(god I love the JogCon)

While we're off-topic (;)) the PS1 also has a true paddle controller that came packaged with Puchi Carat.

Hmm, bringing it back to topic (kind of) did anyone else play the version of Circus Atari on the PS1? it came on an official playstation magazine disc (some home user had written it on the Yaroze), not sure if it had an NTSC version - fun game though - and worked surprisingly well on the PS1's d-pad (this is before dual shock)