IGNORED

XMM801 Field Service Manual

Allan

I also picked up an Atari cassette and printer diagnostic disk by Atari. Covers the 410,1010 cassette players and the 1025,1027 and 1020 printers.

https://archive.org/details/cps-diagnostic-diskette-io-printer-repair-atari

Click on 'SHOW ALL' to get the ATR.

This disk is mentioned in some of the Field Service manuals. I have never seen this before so I think it's rather rare.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 5/11/2020 at 10:50 AM, Allan said:

I recently picked up the Atari XMM801 Field Service Manual, scanned it and put it up on Archive.org.

https://archive.org/details/atari-xmm-801-field-service-manual-atari-corp/mode/2up

Hopefully if anybody has issues with their XMM801 printer, this may help.

Interestingly, I found a copy of this on the net a few months ago.

It's quite nice, in that the guy who worked on it converted most of the textual info to a PC font. He did a good job; it looks clean and the file size is quite small.

The only thing I don't like about it is that he put a border on the cover page, hand colorized it (which didn't turn out too well), and left off the back cover.

It's nice to have the original copy you scanned. Maybe I'll marry the two together at some point.

XMM801 - Service.pdf

Edited by MrFish
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Allan said:

Are there any other Field Service manuals where you found this one?

Actually, I'd had just gotten that one on a Google search, in which it turned up at some PDF archive site.

But, I just realized -- checking out the sig on the XMM801 cover -- that jer/eightbitter is Jerzy Sobola (of Schematics fame). I didn't realize he worked on manuals too.

So, going to his site, and clicking into the "Literature" page, you get some other edited FSM's and other Atari materials.

• Like 3