IGNORED

"Adult" games for the Atari 2600

Redcurrie

I have just gotten back into classic gaming (the last time I played Atari was when I was a kid) and was quite surprised to discover that there are "Adult" games for the Atari. Has anyone seen any of them and if so, what is your opinion? Also, does anyone have a list of the ones that were made? I've heard of ones by Gamex and Mystique but that is it. Based on the level of graphics available at the time, I would expect them to be quite funny! I'm looking to buy or trade any 7800/2600 games so if anyone has a list of their offerings, I would be interested.

Thanks!

I remember thinking I was missing out on something cool back then when I heard about those games and couldn't play them. I later found out that I didn't miss out on anything. They're not even worthy of a chuckle.

I dunno about that.. the "joystick wiggling" portion of X-man (if you can get to them) had me rolling on the floor! :lol:

The only game that could've survived on it's own without the questionable elements is Knight on the Town. It's somewhat fun to play if you don't think about the subject matter. I tried to hack it into something decent, like trying to save the princess, and celebrating by kissing her, but everytime I hack it, it shows up as a black screen on my emulator.

This thread is too freakin' wide now. There should be a width limit for posting images. Something like 600 pixels wide.

At least we have a limit for avatars (and can disable them!) and do not allow pictures in the sig here at AtariAge.

But I agree, the width (and filesize!) should be limited.

E.g. have a look at DP, there are people with 0.5 MB avatars(!) and nearly all threads are cluttered by large blinking signatures. No good for low-bandwith users like me.

E.g. have a look at DP, there are people with 0.5 MB avatars(!) and nearly all threads are cluttered by large blinking signatures. No good for low-bandwith users like me.
Agreed. And it's something that has been harped on and harped on and harped on. And, whenever we clean house, 30 more users join up with poster-sized sigs with neon flashing animations. *Sigh*