IGNORED

D&P HD Enclosure

Anyone have any info on the D&P HD Enclosure.

I have not opened mine up yet. It has a ~40MB drive installed from when I got it.

Though it has a second bay so I would like to see if I can add another higher capacity drive I have lying around.

5FF9A9F8-E314-473D-9279-DBCCCF8ADDEB.thumb.jpeg.484c68d50f5d00022247c996510c64d6.jpeg

D&P Computer was a mail order outfit in Ohio who like many Atari mail order firms, sold their own complete hard drive systems. This under-the-monitor case looks no different from one that many other Atari mail order firms used. There is room for two hard drives, the host adapter and a power supply. I have one in my basement that I haven't used but I thought it was too ugly for my taste ?. Here's an ad in Current Notes.

https://archive.org/details/current_notes_jun92/page/n1/mode/2up

• Like 1

9 hours ago, atarian1 said:

D&P Computer was a mail order outfit in Ohio who like many Atari mail order firms, sold their own complete hard drive systems. This under-the-monitor case looks no different from one that many other Atari mail order firms used. There is room for two hard drives, the host adapter and a power supply. I have one in my basement that I haven't used but I thought it was too ugly for my taste ?. Here's an ad in Current Notes.

https://archive.org/details/current_notes_jun92/page/n1/mode/2up

Rad! Thanks!

I will open it up and see what I have available, looks like SCSI according to the ad. :)

19 minutes ago, DarkLord said:

If that's a 5 1/4" opening (and it looks like it) you could always add a CD...

Just a (random) thought.  :)

I thought about that too! A CD-ROM drive would be handy, I have all of mine tied up, but I should be able to source one easy enough. Either that or I was thinking a Zip Disk drive. I know there are drivers for the ST for that as well, somewhere out there. :)