IGNORED

Found AtariAge mags at a flea...

landsmarra

Hi guys,

Well, I was perusing a flea market in Dutchess County, NY and stumbled upon the first 9 issues of AtariAge magazine...all in pretty nice condition (with the odd order blank missing and word-search game filled out). All but one still had the mailing label attached.

When I asked the guy what he wanted for them, he thumbed through them for about 5 minutes and said "20 bucks." I tried to bargain him down but he wouldn't budge and finally threw in some loose manuals for games I already had. I knew it was a decent deal. Maybe not killer, but decent.

I thought it was a cool find...I had never read them before and was delighted to discover things like their detailed explanations on how a VCS works, what an EPROM is, etc. I saw where they previewed the Graduate Keyboard in one issue and announced in the next issue that it had been indefintely postponed.

Anyone got the last two issues for sale or trade?

Steve

You got a really nice deal if you got 9 for 20 bucks. I sold two extras I had on ebay this past winter for $7 a piece (unfortunately, one was one of the ones you needed if you need the last two).

What flea market is this--I didn't know there were any up in Dutchess County (not that I ever get up there from Long Island, but I'm still curious)

Clive

• 1 month later...

I want to start a collection of these but haven't had a chance to check out EBay or the Marketplace.

I like old video game magazines. I still have a book on Electronic gaming somewhere..it's a small hardcover book that's purple colored and it has like Electronic Games for the title or something. Forgot the exact title.