IGNORED

File Transfer

27 minutes ago, TGB1718 said:

Yes, you do have to twist, pin 1 is marked on the GOEX and on the ST,

I see.

Also, when I boot the ST, I should have said before, the orange LED lights and eventually goes out when the screen appears,

I assume thats the st trying to access the floppy, then if I double click the A drive, the light comes back on until the error

message appears and then goes out.

Just a thought, are these things touchy about what SD card you are using, although it's showing the files on the OLED,

it may have issues accessing the actual images if it doesn't like the SD card, will have to see if I find onther one

hanging around.

It isn't very likely that the problem is the SD card, but of course, it won't be a bad idea to try another one. Note that it might be not ready for high density cards. So I would try a 32GB card or less (not SDXC) just in case.

The Goex is supposed to be a Gotek with just a different form factor. So most tips about the Gotek should apply to the Goex as well. There are a couple of differences that I see now though. One of them is that I don't see any jumpers, right? The Gotek might not work correctly if the jumpers are in the wrong position. If the Goex doesn't have any jumpers I would assume it is "factory" configured for an ST. Btw, I don't see that schematics are available, and that honestly, is too bad. Specially when the board is not 100% identical to the Gotek (as I thought initially when it was announced).

The Gotek/Goex use a couple of files for configuration. I don't remember what is the default if none of them are present. But I would download the necessary files from the FlashFloppy repository:

https://github.com/keirf/FlashFloppy/wiki

Edited by ijor

Thanks, I had seen that page, but wasn't sure what if any files I might need on the card.

2 minutes ago, ijor said:

Note that it might be not ready for high density cards. So I would try a 32GB card or less (not SDXC) just in case.

I'm only using an old 1GB SD card that I've had for years, maybe it's a bit too old, it formatted under Windows ok (full format).

6 minutes ago, TGB1718 said:

Thanks, I had seen that page, but wasn't sure what if any files I might need on the card.

Well, again, it depends on what is the default configuration if the files are not present, which I don't remember and might even vary across different firmware versions.

I'm only using an old 1GB SD card that I've had for years, maybe it's a bit too old, it formatted under Windows ok (full format).

That's a pre SDHC card. I would definitely try a bigger SDHC card. Even when any software that works with SDHC should be backwards compatible with older (non SDHC) cards, it is possible that they never tested a small card. So I recommend trying an SDHC card (between 4GB and 32GB).