IGNORED

5200 Gauntlet

walter_J64bit

4 hours ago, ledzep said:

WOW! You have love ebay! I see you got number 12 and epay has number 7.

Typical reseller nonsense.  I think I saw some time ago someone selling it for 250.00 USD, which is why I never buy any homebrew "Oh, uh, I'm'a  just a gonna' make a limited number of these. . . get'um while yu' can!" merch., because I'm pretty sure that it's usually some reseller ploy.  Whatever.  To each their own. . . not my thing.

• Like 1

• 3 years later...
47 minutes ago, 0078265317 said:

Ya, maybe try offering 4 dollars and 50 cents instead of 450 dollars.

I'm all for starting auctions at .99 cents and letting them sell for whatever buyers are willing to pay for it. The funny thing about this auction is that I was the original buyer of the 49/50 cart. Purchased it in 2012 then I sold it on eBay in 2016. Now someone thinks its worth $450 🙁.

49 minutes ago, GaryH917 said:

I'm all for starting auctions at .99 cents and letting them sell for whatever buyers are willing to pay for it. The funny thing about this auction is that I was the original buyer of the 49/50 cart. Purchased it in 2012 then I sold it on eBay in 2016. Now someone thinks its worth $450 🙁.

How much did you pay for it in 2012?

On 10/24/2023 at 6:09 AM, swlovinist said:

Pending the game and release, small numbered runs can fetch higher amounts.   It frustrates collectors, but due to the scarcity I understand.  

I still don't understand the scarcity idea.  I mean, ok, if you're making them yourself, fuck it, 50-100 is enough (boxed, manuals), I understand I suppose.  But after that, let AtariAge or someone do a Common release, different artwork or something to distinguish from the 1st run, how does that negatively affect the homebrewist, it's not like he's getting a commission off of people reselling their carts on eBay.  At least he'll get a percentage (I presume) of new game sales, yes?  There's no worry that the game will magically flood game stores, this is still niche as fuck.

Numbered runs are tough and as a small publisher myself, I have both done them and avoided them at times.   Agree that unlimited runs with different artwork are the win/win as someone who got the first run will have a collectable but also if someone wants to just play the game on a cart they can enjoy that as well.   

On 10/26/2023 at 2:40 PM, swlovinist said:

Numbered runs are tough and as a small publisher myself, I have both done them and avoided them at times.   Agree that unlimited runs with different artwork are the win/win as someone who got the first run will have a collectable but also if someone wants to just play the game on a cart they can enjoy that as well.   

That makes sense.  I remember hearing, after the fact of course, about Protector (Defender) for the Vectrex.  This was for the rare Limited Edition which came with a cool black box, the cart manual... and an all-pink overlay?  What the fuck use is that?  Still, super expensive if you can find it (like $3,000 on eBay, hahaaha, no thanks).  So what, I eventually got the double cart of Y.A.S.I. (Yet Another Space Invaders) and Protector in one of those weak clear VHS cases.  Much more affordable but nothing "collectible" compared to the original.  And, later, homebrew overlays for both games.  The overlay for Protector is so much better, really gives the Defender feel that all-pink overlay was missing.  The game is unbelievable, it is Defender down to the sound effects.

And just now, while looking for a video of Protector, I find out that there's a new Vectrex game, Cavern Rescue, that's sort of combination of Space Dungeon and Venture?!?  How did I miss that?  But it's not a limited release far as I can tell.

https://vectrexmulti.ecwid.com/Vectrex-Games-c129732314

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 12/5/2023 at 9:52 PM, 0078265317 said:

Ebay

Looks like he lowered his starting price to 350.

Oooh, I have #12, I wonder how many hundreds of dollars mine is worth?

Odd wording in the eBay description, they keep calling it a "console", not a cartridge.

"This limited edition Atari 5200 video game console is a must-have for any serious collector. Featuring the classic game Gauntlet, this console is a rare find that is sure to impress. With its sleek design and high-quality graphics, it offers a truly immersive gaming experience.

The console is in excellent working condition and comes complete with all the necessary cables and accessories. Whether you're a lifelong fan of Atari or just starting to explore the world of vintage gaming, this console is a great choice. So why wait? Add it to your collection today!

This is a ultra rare game that was created in limited quantities."

Seems like a lazy cut-and-paste job.