IGNORED

7800 Euro joypads (CX78?)

liquidcross

They're my controller of choice for 7800 games that require two fire buttons. I prefer them over the standard 7800 sticks. I use a 2600 controller for one or no-fire button games, but the pads are the way to go for the rest, IMO. You may find the D-pad not as good as what you're used to on other controllers, but I think it's OK.

The layout of the 7800 joypad is mind-bogglingly stupid. The two buttons are placed completely outside the arc of any normal human thumb. It's almost like it was designed to be used laying flat on a tabletop.

con_Atari7800Joypad.jpg

I never noticed that. I must be very adaptable because my thumb lies directly

in the groove for B1 and anyone who grew up with the NES has a automatic B2 reflex ;)

So this doesn't bother me as much as the stiff D-pad (and the Thumb stick makes it only slightly better)

Could be worse, At least you don't have to use Coleco controlers ;)

I have these controllers. not too bad, there are slight issues, but after a few hours of useage, you can get them to run pretty good. certain games they are difficult to use, HERO is tough with them. the 7800 games are good with them though.

I've never used a proline so I can't compare, but I do use a Joypad and it works ok but agree with the comment about button position in the wrong place and the d-pad/jstick is not very responsive when compared to a modern controller. I use it only for 2 button games, otherwise I use a competition pro.