IGNORED

DB9 to USB joystick adapter on Classic99

JohnPolka

Hi,

I am new to this Group. I'm just getting back into experimenting with the TI-99/4A. I owned one in the early 80s. I hope to eventually buy real hardware, but for now, I'm experimenting with the Classic99 emulator.

Anyway, I would like to add a joystick, preferably an Atari 2600 classic joystick. I see on eBay there are a number of adapters for DB9 to USB. I also read in the Classic99 documentation that it emulates TI joysticks through the use of PC joysticks. Does anyone have recommendations on a DB9 to USB adapter for the Classic99 emulator? If an adapter is not recommended, then are there any recommendations for a PC joystick that works well with Classic99.

Thanks,

-JP

40 minutes ago, pixelpedant said:

I'm a fan of the Retronic Design USB adapter.  Has support for a very broad range of classic DB9 controllers. 

Seconded.. this works exactly as advertised plug in an atari joystick, it works.. also for those masochists out there you can reprogram it to use the TI handwrecker joysticks too 

Greg

6 hours ago, JohnPolka said:

Hi,

I am new to this Group. I'm just getting back into experimenting with the TI-99/4A. I owned one in the early 80s. I hope to eventually buy real hardware, but for now, I'm experimenting with the Classic99 emulator.

Anyway, I would like to add a joystick, preferably an Atari 2600 classic joystick. I see on eBay there are a number of adapters for DB9 to USB. I also read in the Classic99 documentation that it emulates TI joysticks through the use of PC joysticks. Does anyone have recommendations on a DB9 to USB adapter for the Classic99 emulator? If an adapter is not recommended, then are there any recommendations for a PC joystick that works well with Classic99.

Thanks,

-JP

I sell both of the below types and they both work with Classic99

This one is my design and coding:

https://shift838.fwscart.com/Atari2USB_Joystick_Adapter/p5569983_19996174.aspx

And this one also works:

https://shift838.fwscart.com/Atari_To_USB_JakAdapter_Joystick/p5569983_20204696.aspx

• Like 1