IGNORED

Homebrew Players Unite!

StanJr

Who out there is like me and has homebrew fever? Man, I am playing homebrew games like there is no tomorrow and loving every minute of it! I got on a Space Treat run tonight and got all the way to level 30 (blew my mind, previously I was only able to reach 16!). Check out my picture below! What a great game. I'm also playing lots of Skeleton and SCSIcide.

What homebrews are you playing right now?

post-409-1059364542_thumb.jpg

I got on a Space Treat run tonight and got all the way to level 30 (blew my mind, previously I was only able to reach 16!).

Woo Stan, now that's impressive! I don't think I ever got even close to level 30! But then I've mostly played the game on emulators for development purposes.. I guess the real hardware (and joystick!) can't be beat!

Now should I print some Space Treat patches just for you? :D

Regards!

Rasty.-

I still haven't taken your advice yet stan ;)

But with the AU$ going strong I'm so close to actually buying a homebrew.

I'v replaced the pots in my paddles with brand new aluminium ones and

their as smoth as silk now (I'v actually cut and filed them down so the original dials fit :) )

So I will soon have Marble Craze

If only I had won AA credit instead of Atari2600.com credit. :ponder:

Hi there!

Now should I print some Space Treat patches just for you? :D

Wow, doing patches for homebrews sounds really like a cool idea... |icon_innocent.gif

The homebrew I'm playing most at the moment is "A-VCS-Tec Challenge".

(I'm one of the beta testers...)

Edit: Coming in second is "Climber 5"

(I'm one of the beta testers... :D )

These two will rock the house, trust me! 8)

Greetings,

Manuel

The homebrew I'm playing most at the moment is "A-VCS-Tec Challenge".

These two will rock the house, trust me! 8)

Thanks Manuel, I really appreciate these words from another homebrew developer. :D

The current status:

I started programming the second level of A-VCS-tec Challenge. It is based on level 2 of the original Aztec Challenge and is called "The Stairs".

While you have to perform jumps and ducks in level one ("The Gauntlet") you have to avoid falling rocks by moving left and right in "The Stairs".

As I originally intended the game to be an arcade version of level 1 only, you can use a console switch in this way:

- Play "The Gauntlet" stages only

- Play "The Gauntlet" and "The Stairs" stages one after another

I hope that I'll find the time (and have enough memory left :D) to continue the development soon...

Best regards,

Simon

Hi there!

The first person who masters Thrust (carts only, no emulators!) and posts the screenshots (final screen and score) here, will get a FREE copy of one of my Atari 2600 homebrews. :)

Including Thrust Platinum and Robot City? :o :o :o

Greetings,

Manuel

Ok, let's add some motivation here:

The first person who masters Thrust (carts only, no emulators!) and posts the screenshots (final screen and score) here, will get a FREE copy of one of my Atari 2600 homebrews. :)

Carts only? Way to milk Thrust for all its worth. :P

(hey it worked for Manuel's games ;) but I'm definitly not the first to say this )

I only wish I had the cart :( So I could try to get a free missile command TB for my yet to be ordered free TrackBall :)

The only homebrew I own so far is Synthcart (which I love!), but of course that's not really a "game."

I've been checking out a few of them though, and I think I may take the plunge soon with one of the following...

Marble Craze

Thrust Plus

Space Treat Deluxe

These games look really great, but unfortunately I have had trouble trying them out with Stella. So I guess I need to just go for it and get the carts! (I definitely want to support all of the hard work by our talented homebrewers, too.)

Including Thrust Platinum and Robot City?  :o  :o  :o

Yup (implying that RC or any other new homebrew of me will be finished then), or any of my hacks available on cart. The winner has the choice.

But be warned: Thrust is tough (though not impossible), the "deadly something" is... uhm... deadly :!: :D

I am doing this probably for the same reason Manuel awards patches: I want everybody to play the game! :)

BTW: There are currently no Thrust highscores at TG, maybe that would be a good start.

I've yet to purchase a homebrew.  :(.  The closest I have is Inky's Quadrun that CPUWIZ made for me. :)

Ah, that reminds me. I do actually own a cart of "Connect the Dots," but that is just out of the generosity of Pitfall Harry and CPUWIZ. :D

I could master Thrust in no time, if only Thomas would finally relent and send me a free copy.... :ponder: :D :D ;)

Thanks Rasty, I LOVE your game too too much. I got in a total groove yesterday. Hopefully I can get back in it and get much much further.

Am I the only one who is too stupid to play Okie Dokie? That game is hard, and I am a moron. :)

This is a great time for homebrews!!!! :)

:spidey: :spidey: :spidey: :spidey: :spidey: