IGNORED

replacement fan needed for Mega ST and what is

Randy

There are 2 internal connector in MegaST. One is the MegaBus besides the 68k chip and can be used for all sort of things, IDE HDD is on of them. The other is an internal ACSI connector for HDD, located behind the 19 pin D-Sub connector. 

MegaST uses a smaller fan then the ones in MegaSTe and TT. 

Edited by snarkdluG
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, snarkdluG said:

There are 2 internal connector in MegaST. One is the MegaBus besides the 68k chip and can be used for all sort of things, IDE HDD is on of them. The other is an internal ACSI connector for HDD, located behind the 19 pin D-Sub connector. 

MegaST uses a smaller fan then the ones in MegaSTe and TT. 

Thanks guys!  BTW, you are right, I didn't see the internal ACSI at first, got it.  The Megabus, to use an IDE HD I would guess I need some kind of adapter? 

2 hours ago, Randy said:

Thanks guys!  BTW, you are right, I didn't see the internal ACSI at first, got it.  The Megabus, to use an IDE HD I would guess I need some kind of adapter? 

Yes, it's a PCB with the MegaBus connector underneath and you have an 40 pin IDE connector on top. It also have a 256K decoder on it for using TOS 2.06 ROMs for example. The board design can be found on ParanoidLittleMans homepage. The board has no buffers so you can't use long cables. You also need to program a GAL. You can see the board attached in a MegaST in an other thread in this forum. I don't know if anyone is selling these. 

file.php?id=11293

file.php?id=11295