IGNORED

What happened to Accolade's Grand Prix Circuit?

oky2000

Grand Prix Circuit is a game I only recently played this Summer on another machine and hope to try a 16 bit version on a real machine. I then went to see what sort of speed the ST version was after reading a review saying the ST version would follow in early 1990 after the Amiga conversion of the PC game in The One for 16bit games magazine. Looks like it never came out, no videos or downloads of disk images can be found. Not even to say just that there is no download.

Does anyone know if Accolade just completely dropped support for the ST while it was being ported?

Surely it was out from plans to make ST version. As it was in many cases those years (1990 ++) . Then, there was lot of F1 arcade/simulation already available.  I don't mind at all. Microprose F1 GP was something worth to deal with and invest. New level of F1 simulation. GP Circuit was not even close. I remember that game from those times.

I've only played the C64 version, and yeah it is only 2-3 frames per second but oddly the response to controller input is more like 25 frames per second making it a lot of fun. Shame because it is out on PC and Amiga so I guess they just gave up around that time being an American company they looked to where the sales were I guess. I think it would have been a good F1 game for the ST, and pretty fast on a Mega STE.