IGNORED

Why I love my 2600...

Redcurrie

When I started reacquiring Ataris, I got a 7800 and a 2600. I figured that I would keep the 7800 and give my sister the 2600 as a gift. I'm sure glad that I kept the 2600 as well because I am finding quite a number of Activision cartridges that absolutely do not work on the 7800. So far, I can get nothing out of H.E.R.O., Dolphin or Decathalon. Okay maybe the two Ds are no big deal but H.E.R.O. seems like a fun game. How they could advertise the 7800 as able to play all 2600 carts is beyond me......anyway, I'll get off my "just justifying the money I'm spending on this hobby" soapbox. Like Dave Barry said, "There's a fine line between hobby and mental illness".

:P

Speaking of this stuff, I hated trying to play Starmaster and other games on one of those newer 2600s with the switches in the back. Did Atari go totally insane at the end? We need that stuff up front.

Since Coleco made a 2600 clone (Gemini), has anyone thought about manufacturing a new Atari 2600 clone for the 21st century with everything you need back up front (which also has contemporary cable TV and monitor attachments)? With all of the new people collecting Atari 2600 games, it seems like something we'll need.

When I started reacquiring Ataris, I got a 7800 and a 2600.  I figured that I would keep the 7800 and give my sister the 2600 as a gift.  I'm sure glad that I kept the 2600 as well because I am finding quite a number of Activision cartridges that absolutely do not work on the 7800.  So far, I can get nothing out of H.E.R.O., Dolphin or Decathalon.  Okay maybe the two Ds are no big deal but H.E.R.O. seems like a fun game.  How they could advertise the 7800 as able to play all 2600 carts is beyond me......anyway, I'll get off my "just justifying the money I'm spending on this hobby" soapbox.  Like Dave Barry said, "There's a fine line between hobby and mental illness".

:P

I realize this is no help, but I have no problem whatsoever with any of these games on my 7800 and that is the primary way I play my 2600 games, other than the Activision Anthology for the PS2.