IGNORED

Best sound in Games

emkay

I wanted you to see the ATARIs Music like commercial tunes and not as gametunes.

Then you should have said that. "Blank Atari from your mind and name some Atari music" doesn't make any sense.

And it doesn't make any difference to me. Good music is good music.

Don't forget Ballblazer!

I couldn't listen to a CD of Ballblazer, though. I mean it's only Dum-dum-dum-dum da da da dum-dum-dum-dum da da da dum-dum-dum-dum da da da daaa-daaa-da-da-daaaa

So, is this discussion:

1. Topic reads: Best sound in games, as in: "I really like beep."

2. If you heard an 800 playing on your local Top-40 radio station, what game would make you buy the CD?

3. What Atari game tune should be professionally recorded and turned into a CD?

4. Best music (of any type) to come out of an Atari (like my old topic)

or...

5. Best sounding music to come from a game that uses Antic Mode E and requires 32K or less and was published on cassette and cartridge and reserved voice 4 for sound effects. ;)

-Bry

It is the summary....of the best sound and the best music, that was worth to be put on a CD, as it is from the ATARI Hardware....

I'd have to jump back to my topic then. For me it's mostly the best of what's been done lately by the demo scene. Many of the new tunes rock with decent synth-drums and (finally) accurate pitch. Nothing bugged me more than listening to old AMS songs that were so out of tune it hurt.

-Bry

Well if the topic is demo music, then--

World of Wonder

AFAIK this demo was made using the program "Softsynth".

It is Public Domain and was available in Germany.

But I wonder if it was available in the US or Canada , because there are not many Softsynth tunes , although the program is easy to use (it´s a music programming language).

Unfortunately I have all my stuff on real ATARI 5.25" disks and have no access now.It´s possible that the program is in German , but most parts are BASIC , so it could be translated.

Thimo