IGNORED

Miner 2049er

moycon

Can you NOT jump over those radioactive chicks or what???

I've tried and tried but whenever I jump over them I die.

If you cannot, then this game sucks, Thank you.

Actually the translation pretty good, but damn why would you make it so you cant jump over the bad guys???

Yes, you CAN jump over them, but its a pain in the tookus.

The collison detection is off, and you have to time your jump just so. I recommend jumping just as the beast turns to face you and changes direction. Also, you will need to jump just as you are about to touch the monster. Jump too soon and you will hit him, jump too late and you will clear him, but still die (hence the shoddy collision detection).

It's MEGA frustrating, but the game is worth playing, and once you get the hang of jumping the monsters, its not nearly as infuriating! (are you playing the first one or Vol. II?)

Good Luck

:spidey:

As much as I dearly love the 2600, this is one case where you are much better off playing the game on another platform. The Atari 8-bit(400/800/XL/XE) version is one of the all time classics games, and sadly the 2600 version just is not a very good translation. The crummy graphics and missing levels I could live with, but the monster jumping problem just robs the game of just about any joy. Although I suppose it has appeal for those who actually LIKE their games to be ridiculously hard. :-)

I suppose it has appeal for those who actually LIKE their games to be ridiculously hard. :-)

that would be me! :)

I'm sure the other systems have better versions, but the VCS is the only system I have with a Miner 2049er game, and I really have no interest in those other systems so the VCS version is just fine to me. Hard as all get out, but just fine! :)

:spidey: :spidey:

This is one game that should be played on the Atari 8-bit computers. It's unfortunate that the jumping is so difficult in the 2600 version. Plus on the 8-bit you can also play Bounty Bob Strikes Back, which is a fantastic sequel (and much easier to play than on the 5200 with those evil controllers!)

..Al

As much as I dearly love the 2600, this is one case where you are much better off playing the game on another platform.  The Atari 8-bit(400/800/XL/XE) version is one of the all time classics games, and sadly the 2600 version just is not a very good translation.  The crummy graphics and missing levels I could live with, but the monster jumping problem just robs the game of just about any joy.  Although I suppose it has appeal for those who actually LIKE their games to be ridiculously hard. :-)

I can't handle Miner on the 2600. The gameplay is way too slow. The Colecovision version is pretty good too.

I suppose it has appeal for those who actually LIKE their games to be ridiculously hard. :-)

that would be me! :)

I'm sure the other systems have better versions, but the VCS is the only system I have with a Miner 2049er game, and I really have no interest in those other systems so the VCS version is just fine to me. Hard as all get out, but just fine! :)

:spidey: :spidey:

Uh, yeah.... we are talking about the guy who gets a thrill out of being chased by pickles and hot dogs.., uh I mean pixelated blocks of goo..