IGNORED

"Adam Is Me" available for download

ilmenit

On 3/27/2021 at 3:23 PM, darwinmac said:

@ilmenit - I will try to recreate the problem. I have been trying on simple levels like 1-1 and 1-2, but I have not been able to recreate the black screen. I had the problem occur on both 1-6 and 1-7. If I did not use rewind move or restart level, the level completes successfully (including saving the level as complete).

@adam242 - I should have mentioned that the XEGS has the keyboard attached. I use it as a computer and not as a game console. If you can recreate the problem, I would appreciate it.

Bob C

@ilmenit - After far too much time, I think I have determined the problem. It was not the XEGS at all. The problem was with my Sdrive Max. Or, more appropriately, the screensaver option built into the device. I saw that mytek was having problems with saving not working on his Sdrive-Simple device. After much testing, he was able to determine that a save could be corrupted or time out if the screensaver turned on because the Max had been idle for about 2 minutes. I was able to duplicate his results on my Sdrive Max. At that point, I immediately turned off the screensaver.

When I purchased my Fujinet, I decided to try Adam is Me again. As I assumed, there is no problem saving completed levels on my Fujinet. Since the Fujinet is always on, the save works correctly. I assume that if I plugged in my Sdrive Max with the screensaver option turned off (I still have the Sdrive Max here), the save would work correctly as well.

I just wanted to let you know it had nothing to do with the rewind move, restart level, or the XEGS itself (I do have the original keyboard attached). The problem was if I took too long to complete the level, the Sdrive Max would go to sleep and was not awake soon enough to save the level. At that point, the screen would go blank and never come back.

Bob C

Edited by darwinmac
  • Thanks 1

• 10 months later...

I love this game. I just got my 800XL last summer and I'm a fan of Adventures of Lolo on the NES and Tricky Kick on the TG-16, so I was hoping there was something similar on this system. I found this about a week ago and I'm currently on 4-5 doing them in order. World 4 has really taken the difficulty up a notch. I get stuck and have to leave for a few hours and come back with fresh thoughts on things to try. I hope it doesn't get too much harder or I'll never finish it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kenshi said:

I love this game. I just got my 800XL last summer and I'm a fan of Adventures of Lolo on the NES and Tricky Kick on the TG-16, so I was hoping there was something similar on this system. I found this about a week ago and I'm currently on 4-5 doing them in order. World 4 has really taken the difficulty up a notch. I get stuck and have to leave for a few hours and come back with fresh thoughts on things to try. I hope it doesn't get too much harder or I'll never finish it.

The game difficulty is not linear. Generally on each planet (except the last one) levels get progressively harder from level 1 to 4 being introduction to new rules. From planet 4 (that you are on) the max. difficulty should remain similar. Maybe there are 2-3 levels in the whole game (7-7, 8-2) that are particularly challenging. The game is designed in a way that you do not have to play levels in order, but new planets are unlocked to try other challenge when you are stuck. Each level completed (even the simpler on other planets) will increase your game skill and will help afterwards with completing more challenging levels. There is no shame therefore in first doing easy levels on more planets and then going back to challenging ones 🙂

Edited by ilmenit

1 hour ago, ilmenit said:

The game difficulty is not linear. Generally on each planet (except the last one) levels get progressively harder from level 1 to 4 being introduction to new rules. From planet 4 (that you are on) the max. difficulty should remain similar. Maybe there are 2-3 levels in the whole game (7-7, 8-2) that are particularly challenging. The game is designed in a way that you do not have to play levels in order, but new planets are unlocked to try other challenge when you are stuck. Each level completed (even the simpler on other planets) will increase your game skill and will help afterwards with completing more challenging levels. There is no shame therefore in first doing easy levels on more planets and then going back to challenging ones 🙂

Good to know. I figured each subsequent world would be harder than the previous and it wouldn't help to skip around much, but if I can't come up with any good ideas on 4-5 next play, maybe I'll skip to world 5 and come back later. Again, great game and very challenging, one of my favorites so far.

4 hours ago, Kenshi said:

Good to know. I figured each subsequent world would be harder than the previous and it wouldn't help to skip around much, but if I can't come up with any good ideas on 4-5 next play, maybe I'll skip to world 5 and come back later. Again, great game and very challenging, one of my favorites so far.

Thank you, will pass it to the whole development team 🙂 While we had a few beta testers that were able to win the game, difficulty is really subjective. We tried to organize the levels according to perceived difficulty, but seems that it's very subjective. Also for many levels players find much simpler solutions that were planned as a winning path. Making puzzle game is not easy ;-)

Edited by ilmenit
  • Like 3