IGNORED

Hunting the North American red

MegaManFan

The list of red label 2600 carts is a bit of a hash for me, since it includes so many PAL releases, so I'm trying to determine how many more reds I need for a complete set besides the ridiculous ones like Ikari Warriors and Motorodeo. So far, this is what I have:

+ Berzerk VE (special)

* Dark Chambers

* Defender II

* Desert Falcon

* Donkey Kong

* Donkey Kong Jr.

* Double Dunk

+ Fatal Run (PAL conversion)

* Jr. Pac-Man

* Mignight Magic

* Mouse Trap

+ Polo (special)

* Q*Bert

* Radar Lock

* RealSports Boxing

* Road Runner

* Secret Quest

* Sentinel

* Solaris

* Space Invaders

* Sprint Master

* Super Baseball

* Super Football

* Xenophobe

The ones with + signs are the ones I acknowledge aren't regular U.S. red labels from the 1980's, but which so good matched with the real ones I keep them together in my collection. So, what else do I need? :)

The list of red label 2600 carts is a bit of a hash for me, since it includes so many PAL releases, so I'm trying to determine how many more reds I need for a complete set besides the ridiculous ones like Ikari Warriors and Motorodeo.  So far, this is what I have:

+ Berzerk VE (special)

* Dark Chambers

* Defender II

* Desert Falcon

* Donkey Kong

* Donkey Kong Jr.

* Double Dunk

+ Fatal Run (PAL conversion)

* Jr. Pac-Man

* Mignight Magic

* Mouse Trap

+ Polo (special)

* Q*Bert

* Radar Lock

* RealSports Boxing

* Road Runner

* Secret Quest

* Sentinel

* Solaris

* Space Invaders

* Sprint Master

* Super Baseball

* Super Football

* Xenophobe

The ones with + signs are the ones I acknowledge aren't regular U.S. red labels from the 1980's, but which so good matched with the real ones I keep them together in my collection.  So, what else do I need? :)

Another one you can add to the ridiculous list is BMX Airmaster. It looks like you are missing Off the Wall still.

You can sort by label type, don't 'cha know?

Atari Red Label

But that's exactly the list I was complaining about. Too many PAL titles on it, and no way to filter it to a US only list. :P I just realized I do have Crossbow but for some reason I didn't include it. I wonder if I ever took it out of the box! :lol:

Anybody have an Off the Wall for sale?

Whoops! I stand corrected. :P

Also, turns out my Crossbow, Gravitar and Venture were all sealed for some reason!! I probably bought them all at the CGE at the same time and it never occured to me they'd be "the reds." Of course I had to remove Berzerk VE and Fatal Run to make room for them in the Atari books, but I'll live w/ it. :D

I never understood why people call these "red" - aren't they brown??  :D

Cheers,

Marco

cause guys usually refer to a color by its closest primary, and never use fancy words for color/hue variants (for example, the 'RED' 2600 carts :-) _

red, green blue, yellow, black, white, thats about it :-) like the 'blue' tiger games and the 'red' tiger games etc

Have NTSC versions of Motorodeo and BMX Airmaster ever been "officially" confirmed to exist?

Good question. I know somebody bought an Ikari Warriors in Philly, but I've never seen either of the other two. One of them was sold in a sealed box via eBay auction but if the winner who bought it kept it sealed, he'll never know (nor do we know who it is anyway). I asked a few people about it though and they all thought it was probably PAL regardless what the auction claimed.

Unusual red label games have been tormenting me recently - I managed to miss out on a CIB red label Centipede (woe is me!) and Moon Patrol although I did get red label Basketball & Pole Position 8) Still yet to find a boxed red Asteroids....

I have also seen a red label Ms. Pac Man (loose cart) but I'm not sure if it's an Atari release or HES?

Good luck with the hunting Steve! :D