IGNORED

Starfire addiction!

Big Player

Man this game grows on you. I just started playing on Saturday, just to try out all my games purchased at AGE. Well, fours hour later, my forearms hurt from all joystick jockeying. And I still hadn't played any of my other games yet, other than two games of Euchre that I had played first. :D

This game gets a big thumbs up from me. :thumbsup: Awesome!

Current high score: 3104.

Maybe I should get a camera soon? :ponder:

Agreed, I wonder if there is a good way to encourage people to leave reviews.  :)

..Al

The online tea store I shop at www.adagio.com (great teas :) ) gives you $1 credit for each review, up to $5 per order. That makes me leave a lot of reviews. Maybe you can make a similar incentive, .50 cents to $1 per review up to $3-$5 credit on your next order.

Whoops, I didn't look to see if it was in the store yet. I just assumed it would be ready right after AGE. Now I look like some braggart. (Nah, nah, look what I have and you don't. :roll:)

Can I leave reviews if I've made all my AA purchases at gaming events?

Whoops, I didn't look to see if it was in the store yet.  I just assumed it would be ready right after AGE.  Now I look like some braggart. (Nah, nah, look what I have and you don't. :roll:)

It actually is in the store here, but don't tell anyone yet! :)

Can I leave reviews if I've made all my AA purchases at gaming events?

Sure, as long as you have an account in the store..

..Al

Agreed, I wonder if there is a good way to encourage people to leave reviews.

Making it more obvious that you can leave reviews might be a good start. I just posted my Cat Trax, Funky Fish, Pleiades Bundle review.

It would be handy to know what "NOTE: HTML is not translated!" means. Does that mean we can or can't use HTML markup?

I'll see what else I can write a review for...

Quick Q: Do I have to have bought the AA product, or can I review a game based on a ROM download or prior (Hozer) purchase?

I'm am sure nobody would mind as long as the ROM/Hozer version is similar to the version sold at the store (AFAIK that's true for almost all games, including Jammed and Thrust ;)).

Quick Q: Do I have to have bought the AA product, or can I review a game based on a ROM download or prior (Hozer) purchase?

I'm am sure nobody would mind as long as the ROM/Hozer version is similar to the version sold at the store (AFAIK that's true for almost all games, including Jammed and Thrust ;)).

There are (at least) two facets of reviews: Reviewing the game itself and reviewing the packaging (label, manual, box etc..) While we strive to put together nice packaging, obviously the most important thing is whether the game is fun to play! So if people want to write a review of the actual game but have not purchased it from us (or are simply using an emulator to play it) that's fine by me. The main thing I might be concerned about would be subtle differences in emulation that might affect someone's opinion of a game, but generally I don't think that'll be an issue.

..Al

The main thing I might be concerned about would be subtle differences in emulation that might affect someone's opinion of a game, but generally I don't think that'll be an issue.

I will be explicit as to the environment that I play the game under. And hopefully I'll be able to put some reviews together this weekend.

You know that you get more points when playing in the advanced mode?  

My own Hiscore is somewhere around 4200.

You mean with the left difficulty switch on A? Sure, but I can only keep it there through wave 6. I need to use my lasers too much after that.

And they still overheat! :D