IGNORED

Strange Asteroids Problem on a Modded 2600 4sw

WinManx2000

Hello-

I have a 2600 that is RGB modded with ETIM's board.  The video path is RGB -> GSCARTSW -> RetroTink Pro -> LG CX OLED.  When I play asteroids, the video and sound lose sync.  Every other game works fine (and consoles on the GSCARTSW).  The strange problem is that I am using an UNOCART and also tested with a real asteroids cart and they both exhibit the same issue.  I downloaded a few other asteroids roms and they do the same thing.  What is throwing me for a loop is that every other game (UNOCART roms and physical games) works just fine.  Does anyone have any insights?  Why is it just the asteroids game that is causing an issue?  

Would anyone have an idea for what other game to check that uses the same technology as asteroids?

Here is a video of the behavior:

My guess is that the mod is having issues with Asteroids mishandling of VSYNC. It's just a guess, but you can try my menu screen version and see if it has the same issue. I fixed the VSYNC issue when I made it.

https://atariage.com/forums/topic/300168-original-games-updated-with-menus/?do=findComment&comment=4450986

• Like 1