IGNORED

Great day Thrifting!

BeerGnome

Man.. I wish every hunt could be like this!

I havent researched any of the carts that I got.. but I managed to come home with two grab bags of A26 games and a couple of just floating around games so all in all this hord was 24 carts in tottal!

of course the loose ones were all horribly over priced but check it out:

Bowling x2

gunslinger/outlaw.. one of each

Pacman ( of course )

Defender

Freeway

Missle comand

Journey Escape

kangaroo

Frogger

Moon patrol

Mario Bros.

Smurf, escape from gargamels castle

Atlantis

Alien

Home run

Super breakout

Basic programing ( now I'll have to find some of them touchpads)

Oh! Gyrus! that blew me away when I plugged it in the soundtrack is great!

Brain Games

and a Burger time.. do these all come in that converted Intelivision cart?

I also picked up a copy of Batman Forever for the Harpies Super Nintendo

everything came in under $40

a think it was a good find.. it defintly bossted my collection

now to check the guide to see if anythings a crazy rarity

It's weird, but I did the flea market thing this weekend and got a handfull of carts, Freeway, Oink, DK Junior, etc...

Anyhow, on my way out of the last place I went to I dug through a bin and found Gyruss which I happily paid $3 for!

oh I'm having such a blast playing Gyrus

I can't belive the music score in the game the graphics are to be expected but arcade to atari.. its a really nice port

if its any consilation Mega.. the label is peeling

and really.. I can see Kiss having thier own game ( do they) but... JOURNEY!?!

hell .. they played a free show here in town last week.. maybe we can re -write the code so you score by running INTO the groupies, roadies and paparazi?

You can fix the Gyruss label with a glue stick. Parker Brothers carts are notorious for falling off. I have to deal with it every once in a while.

Good find overall.

If you haven't seen any of my threads on thrift finds, then you could. I found so much good stuff this past weekend.

well.. over all it was a great day for "stuff"

I went out to funcoland in search of more sega arcade controllers and came back with a twently doller N64 instead.

I found a 1985 German sportsclub octoberfest Mug 1985.. there are now 6 in my collection.. these guys are only made for richmond.. and they only make 5000 a year.. and they've been doing it since the early seventies..

being the beer hound, and half german.. and a proud Richmond native.. these are gold mines.. I found this mug sitting beside the toilet in the back of the antique store my girlfreind works out buried under a mess of debree I can only imagine how many times Ive sat there on that toilet with that damn thing an inch from my foot.

I also got fifteen more Homies for that collection :D

and collectivly me and the girl acquired the most GOD AWFUL tacky lamp you can imagine I only wish I had a digital camera for this one

Do you have any idea if beer steins are worth anything?

I've got a sweet porcelain one of Adolphus Busch. It was released by Budweiser and isn't too old. I was just wondering if it would ever be worth anything. I got it free from where I work, which happens to be a distributor of Bud products and soda.

Do you have any idea if beer steins are worth anything?

I've got a sweet porcelain one of Adolphus Busch. It was released by Budweiser and isn't too old. I was just wondering if it would ever be worth anything. I got it free from where I work, which happens to be a distributor of Bud products and soda.

Stiens are very collectable.. particualry if they are old and german.

I need to see a picture of this.. is this a character stien? as in you say adolphus bucsh.. does this stien look like yer drinking a barely pop out of the mans hollowed out skull? ( great visual Eh!? )

considering it is of a maor manufacturer helps and hurts.. the big boys pump out ass loads of memorbilia but AB has done this for eons.. and a lot of memorbila that is the most saught after were distributer give aways to custimers.. as in bar owners and distribution houses..

so.. if this IS a pice of memerobila that was only made in limited numbers and ONLY made as give aways to distributors such as the company you work for.. you might well indeed have something of value on your hands.

sounds like a creative search is called for on Ebay.. try Breweriana

Yep, that's the one.

Thanks for the link.

I just covered it with tissue and put it in a safe place away from reach.

I'm keeping my eyes out at work to see if they give us anything else.

I got a whole bunch of pint glasses with beer logos on them. They recently discontinued the Doc Otis label so it's now known as Doc's. I have a Doc Otis pint glass that is in good shape along with some others from local breweries.

see.. now yer giving me a bad Idea..

start collecting printed glasses from defunct breweries

a lot of the problem with some of the little guys is they spend to much time and energery promoting the product then they do on the product itself

hell.. Legend didnt start embossing glasses till last year.. pretty much after we got the big local market share and was able to crank out a scale of bottles that would meet expanded market demand including being sold at TWO large scale Grocery store chains..

hmm.. defeunct brewery glasses. like.. little second place trophies..

It's weird thst this thread is now about beer steins :P

eeh.. I think were all pack rats to some degree or another around here

vintage games is an extension of my fasination for antiquated computers and hardware.

but the consoles and games is the number one collection for me at the moment..

this is one of the dangers of being intimatly attached to a vintage clothing and antiques store.. just so much coll shit comes thru