IGNORED

Question about testing cartridges

BSRSteve

I am new to the 2600, basically, and have some questions about some problems I ran into testing a couple of M-Network cartridges.

On He-Man, it leaves the title screen then just sits on the next screen and I can't get it to move. On Sea Battle, there is no title screen, and I can't get anything to happen on the start screen. It just sits there sonar beeping at me.

My question is, if I can get to the opening screen and it makes sounds or animates, does that mean that the cartridge is probably OK and I just don't know what to do next?

I am new to the 2600, basically, and have some questions about some problems I ran into testing a couple of M-Network cartridges.

On He-Man, it leaves the title screen then just sits on the next screen and I can't get it to move. On Sea Battle, there is no title screen, and I can't get anything to happen on the start screen. It just sits there sonar beeping at me.

My question is, if I can get to the opening screen and it makes sounds or animates, does that mean that the cartridge is probably OK and I just don't know what to do next?
Before we get too into the weeds... have you looked up the manuals online and figured out how you're supposed to start the game? Or have you at least tried the game reset switch, which is how a large number of 2600 games are started?

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

4 minutes ago, Love Cowboy said:

Before we get too into the weeds... have you looked up the manuals online and figured out how you're supposed to start the game? Or have you at least tried the game reset switch, which is how a large number of 2600 games are started?

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

I certainly tried the reset switch.

Reading the manual more carefully got He-Man working. I do have a Sea Battle manual in my other copy, so I will check that.

But I guess my question was, if the game works at the beginning, can I be reasonably confident that it is working? I guess I do at least want to get something to happen at the beginning.