IGNORED

Star Raiders and Solaris package art...

figgler

Can anyone give me an explanation as to why Solaris and Star Raiders have the same picturet on the cartridge and box?

Please tell me it's something cool, like Soalris was intended as a sequel.

Please tell me it's not the cost-cut, cash-grab it looks like to me.

Before I gave the ROMS a spin, I thought they were the same friggin game! Kinda like a Combat/Tank-Plus thing.

What gives?

I did not notice that. Holy poo!

My guess is that we are looking at the cheap "red label" days during the crash, when quality was pretty much in the crapper for all production values on the games (save for the games themselves which are top notch for Atari).

How odd that I never caught that. :ponder: :ponder: Good eye.

:spidey:

I checked in the Star Raiders book and the baddies are called Krylons.  I guess it's not supposed to be a sequel

Odd. In the "Star Raiders" graphic novel, they are Zylons. Both names were used in the "Atari Force" comics. I'm sure "Zylons" was used in one of the "Star Raiders" instructions. Maybe it was the 8-Bit versions.

Regardless, Solaris clearly seems to be set in the "Atari Force" universe, like Star Raiders.

And not like Clooney.

post-51-1060326624_thumb.png

I checked in the Star Raiders book and the baddies are called Krylons.  I guess it's not supposed to be a sequel

Odd. In the "Star Raiders" graphic novel, they are Zylons. Both names were used in the "Atari Force" comics. I'm sure "Zylons" was used in one of the "Star Raiders" instructions. Maybe it was the 8-Bit versions.

Regardless, Solaris clearly seems to be set in the "Atari Force" universe, like Star Raiders.

And not like Clooney.

lol 'one player using existentialism' is that some custom controller that comes with the game, or simply a new way of thinking about just what exactly constitues your 'joy stick' ? .... :-)

I doubt Cameron could exude much influence in the 2-3 hours Soderberg spent making this film... :lol:

I asked if your were trolling because it seemed as if you intentionally mentioned Cameron, rather than the Soderberg, as though it were to provoke a response like the one I made.

That, and what Gojira said.. I am bad.

I doubt Cameron could exude much influence in the 2-3 hours Soderberg spent making this film... :lol:

Bwahahaha I like that, that was good.

JC's ok in my book, at least he did us all a favour and didn't do T3, I read some stuff on AICN about Jimbo being a major pain in the ass all the way through the shoot of Solaris.

Have a Banana and chill ;)

(true, but you must admit, that clooney pic does remind one of 2k1,)

Yah, very much so.

I finally rented Solaris last weekend, and was dismayed to find that it's nothing more than a chick flick in space. Went in expecting an exploration of the concepts of self, identity, and reality... and instead got Clooney's bum.

Bah. I need to track down the novel now.