IGNORED

What's the worst game...

Redcurrie

6. Swordquest Mindnumbing Impossible World

Agreed. :x

Yes,

Any Swordquest game would make an excellent candidate for worst game ever.

As for Skeet shoot,

I actually like the simplicity of this game. Why do so many people bash this game but leave Human Cannonball out of the equation? human Cannonball is just as simple as skeet shoot. (My open-ended question of the day not directed at anyone in particular).

Well we've had this discussion before .. but Lunar Lander on the B side of Starship really is the silliest 2600 demo to be called a game .. EVER!

Math is not a game .. It's a computer quiz tool .. It is just a shame that Atari did not make it work with the keyboard controllers.

Rob Mitchell, Atlanta, GA

All of this and not one vote for E.T.? Wow. Seriously though, not many games reach the level of suckitude of the A-Team. And I gotta agree on Journey Escape, even though the game is pure ass, you just HAVE to love a game that plays a poorly rendered version of "Don't Stop Believin'" on the title screen!

Yeah, I have to cast a vote for the Swordquest games, because I spent a lot of time playing them back when I was a kid, trying to make some sense out of them. If I only knew back then that there was no logic to them! And scouring the comic books for clues! Ugh! And never finishing the series! Well, okay, maybe that was a good thing. ;)

Outlaw is a fun two-player game. :)

..Al

The Swordquest games remind me of the following quote that I have on one of my Quotes on Game Design pages :

I personally object to episodic games where you play one screen of Space Invaders and one screen of Breakout and one screen of Galaxian and one screen of this and one of that. To me, that's not a game. It's just taking five bad games, putting them together, and calling them one good game. I'm philosophically against that.

--Eugene Jarvis (Joystick Magazine, September 1982)