IGNORED

Interesting Atari 2600 Article/Photo in GamePro Magazine

DriftChamp

I don't know how many of you guys have heard about this already. In the current issue of GamePro (issue 180 with the Metal Gear Solid cover), there's an article about video game urban legends ("Secret Lies" pages 40-41).

One of the urban legends talks about how Atari dumped millions of ET carts into a landfill in NM. The interesting thing about the article is the photo that goes with it. I think the pic is supposed to be a bulldozer with an Atari logo on it scooping up tumbleweed in the desert. The interesting thing about it is that it's obviouly not a desert and its definately NOT tumbleweed (it appears to be a toy bulldozer on top of a woman, and the tumbleweed is her pubic hair! lol)

I wonder if GamePro did this intentionally (athough I have no idea why they would) or the editor never caught on.

Link to Photo

actually, i went to an arts festival a couple of months ago, and one of the people there had all kinds of photos like that, miniature people doing things on body parts (like a skier going down a pair of buttocks). From the asstastic look of that atari logo on the bulldozer, this may just be a fark from that person, or somebody else similar

I posted about this on Digital Press (search for "cheekiness" & "GamePro" since I'm too lazy to :-)

It's apparently an image they found off of Google -- do an image search for "bulldozer" and you'll find the image (sans fuji), though no idea if it's the original source.

They really bit themselves on the ass with that one... I don't think most kids are going to know what that is, but any straight man (or lesbian woman) oughtta twig to it pretty quick. Yow.

I posted about this on Digital Press (search for "cheekiness" & "GamePro" since I'm too lazy to :-)

It's apparently an image they found off of Google -- do an image search for "bulldozer" and you'll find the image (sans fuji), though no idea if it's the original source.

They really bit themselves on the ass with that one...  I don't think most kids are going to know what that is, but any straight man (or lesbian woman) oughtta twig to it pretty quick.  Yow.

I want more proof that this was on a game pro!!

I would like a real scan of the actual magazine page, come on thats just a loose pic! (a hary loose pic :D )