IGNORED

K-Spread manual or documentation?

The first big application I am trying to run on my STe is a spreadsheet program. I had a very good experience with LDW 2.00 and I want to compare it to something called K-Spread. My experience with K-Spread is very rough right now because I do not not understand how to use it. For example, how do I perform basic manipulations like inserting rows and columns?

Is there an online copy of the user manual or any sort of documentation describing how it works?

Thanks!

@Mr. Undo Thanks for the link! I am downloading the PDF now. It's going very slowly, but it's going. :)

@8bitguy1 Thanks for the tip! I did a quick Google search and I think I found it. It's a German language software package, yes? Unfortunately, I don't know German so it would be very difficult for me to use. Was there ever an English translation made available?

33 minutes ago, 1200XL M.U.L.E. said:

@8bitguy1 Thanks for the tip! I did a quick Google search and I think I found it. It's a German language software package, yes? Unfortunately, I don't know German so it would be very difficult for me to use. Was there ever an English translation made available?

There was! There's a thread about it on that other Atari forum  :) .  It's there though, I run it.

• Like 1

I looked through the PDF of ST Format but could not see instructions on how to insert columns and rows. Can K-Spread only do that by manually moving whole sections of the spreadsheet around?

I found Texel on "that other forum". It looks like the source code was recently released into the public domain and the community there is compiling the code into an executable package. The program is huge and won't fit on a floppy.

When running Texel I got an error saying my system doesn't have any printer dialog routines and I should install WDIALOG V2. A quick Google search says this is part of something called NVDI that should be installed first.

Texel seems a bit complicated to get up and running. I'll have to think about this one.