IGNORED

Movie Cart

rbairos

5 minutes ago, -^CrossBow^- said:

Not sure there is a large difference here but it is subtle to me. I actually prefer to set the diffusion level to 0 on my encodes. Here are two captures directly from my 7800 via s-video of Bad Apple. First is the diffusion level set to .25 and the second one is diffusion set to 0 (zero).

Audio diffusion set to 0 (Zero)

Out of curiosity does that periodic buzzing around 1:40 disappear at full Error diffusion?
EDIT: Never mind its in the original.

12 minutes ago, rbairos said:

Out of curiosity does that periodic buzzing around 1:40 disappear at full Error diffusion?
EDIT: Never mind its in the original.

The one thing that sticks out most to my ears between the two is the taiko drums. They seem to blend in too much and get lost when any diffusion is used. This is similar to what I was noticing on my setup with movies I've done in that some background ambient noises just get too lost in the mix. And at least for me, the more diffusion is added, the worse the hissing is on quiet sections of audio or parts where there might be little to no audio during a scene.

But I'm sure this will be a YMMV situation that depends on the hardware you are using to both encode and listen back on. In my case I'm still using a discrete a sound card in my PC using an SB Zx. On my 7800 the UAV setup is now on one of my earlier revision mount boards that has the 6.8 and 18k resistors and 10µf cap on that mount for the audio mixing and output.

3 hours ago, rbairos said:

I found my old files, but its mostly a mishmash of screen-grabs, jpgs and artwork I found.
What are you looking for exactly?
Cheers

One suggestion would be to have the front cover look more like the label with the name "MOVIECART", rather than a specific movie.  On the back cover the phrasing could be changed slightly to something like "Encode more movies from your collection using TouchDesigner".  The interior instructions seem fine with maybe changing the part about plugging both joysticks in.

1 hour ago, Atari_Warlord said:

One suggestion would be to have the front cover look more like the label with the name "MOVIECART", rather than a specific movie.  On the back cover the phrasing could be changed slightly to something like "Encode more movies from your collection using TouchDesigner".  The interior instructions seem fine with maybe changing the part about plugging both joysticks in.

Right.  Make it instructions for the consumer facing MovieCart product.
Originally it was still a alternative-history project where the major movie studios brought movies to the home screen for the first time, thats why the instructions are all movie specific.
I had made about 5 of them with individual boxes, each with a specific quoted review etc.
Makes sense.

• Like 1

Encoding Tron and Fantasia today. So far, the 35mm scan I have for Fantasia looks great run through the TouchDesign filter. I tried a few classic cartoons and they didn't always look great, but I think I just need to find the right toons. Love the recommendations!

• Like 1

Hi.
I'll be able to put more stock up this Saturday 8am EDT on tindie if anyone's waiting.
I was able to get a good deal on ENIG 2U" coating (more durable edge connectors) for this next batch, so same cost.

Thanks everyone!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, rbairos said:

Hi.
I'll be able to put more stock up this Saturday 8am EDT on tindie if anyone's waiting.
I was able to get a good deal on ENIG 2U" coating (more durable edge connectors) for this next batch, so same cost.

Thanks everyone!

That's 2am for me. Hopefully I can get one this time.

2 hours ago, killersquirel said:

That's 2am for me. Hopefully I can get one this time.

I figured Id try a different time to help people in Europe this time round.

• Like 4

On 6/6/2024 at 11:25 AM, rbairos said:

Hi.

Thanks everyone!

That's 5am here, which happens to be about the time our cat wakes me up every morning wanting to be fed, so that might end up working out.

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Bomberman94 said:

Finally I’m in - placed my order now 🥳

I hesitated briefly about the PAL format - which format do I get in Europe: PAL50 or PAL60?

IMG_0623.png

Thanks very much!
For you its PAL. (PAL50 is Brazil)
But no worries, its just the default file that sits on the sd-card.
All movie formats are available online whenever you want to switch it.
(You just need an sdcard reader)

I bought the cart too, thanks

Unfortunately it is not possible to ship in Switzerland (I had to use an Italian address).

@rbairos @Bomberman94

PAL60 is used in Europe too. Since 1990s PAL CRT TVs support it.

Check out AtariAge, there are a lot of PAL60 games.

Champ Games only sells NTSC and PAL60 games (for Europeans too), no PAL50.

10 minutes ago, Philsan said:

I bought the cart too, thanks

Unfortunately it is not possible to ship in Switzerland (I had to use an Italian address).

@rbairos @Bomberman94

PAL60 is used in Europe too. Since 1990s PAL CRT TVs support it.

Check out AtariAge, there are a lot of PAL60 games.

Champ Games only sells NTSC and PAL60 games (for Europeans), no PAL50.

Oh. There's an option on Tindie to request shipping to a specific country if not listed.
I've just been filling them out as they come up.

In terms of PAL/PAL50, even though those TVs might show a stable picture, you'll want to match it to your Atari otherwise the colors will be off.

Thanks for your support

8 minutes ago, rbairos said:

Oh. There's an option on Tindie to request shipping to a specific country if not listed.
I've just been filling them out as they come up.

Switzerland is listed, but you get this message:

Tindie.thumb.png.058b8cac954099a164d8c037284cf887.png

Ah, OK, you'll add shipping rates, thanks!

If the rate is the same could you please send my cart to Switzerland?

8 minutes ago, rbairos said:

In terms of PAL/PAL50, even though those TVs might show a stable picture, you'll want to match it to your Atari otherwise the colors will be off.

PAL60 roms are NTSC roms with PAL colors.

They run perfectly on PAL consoles together with PAL CRT TVs supporting PAL60.

2 minutes ago, Philsan said:

Switzerland is listed, but you get this message:

Tindie.thumb.png.058b8cac954099a164d8c037284cf887.png

Ah, OK, you'll add shipping rates, thanks!

PAL60 roms are NTSC roms with PAL colors.

They run perfectly on PAL consoles together with PAL CRT TVs supporting PAL60.

I'll update the Switzerland shipping thanks for letting me know.

You're right. PAL60 and PAL formatted movie will output the right colors on a PAL machine.

But if you run the NTSC format on the PAL system, it will show a stable picture, but the colors will be wrong.
Same as running the PAL/PAL60 on an NTSC Atari.
As I understand it.

22 minutes ago, rbairos said:

But if you run the NTSC format on the PAL system, it will show a stable picture, but the colors will be wrong.

Yes, as long as PAL TV supports 60 Hz otherwise display will roll.

If shipping rates are the same could you please send my cart to Switzerland?

14 minutes ago, Philsan said:

Yes, as long as PAL TV supports 60 Hz otherwise display will roll.

Send me a PM with the before and after addresses (and full name), and I'll try to process differently.
Cheers.

36 minutes ago, Philsan said:

And I've also added Switzerland to the same list of European countries, so are you able to change the shipping address?