IGNORED

Movie Cart

rbairos

41 minutes ago, rbairos said:

If you rewind to about page 34 or so, I think there are a few 3D files mentioned.
That's still on my radar to figure out as an offering.

If anyone has a printer and want to print 3 cases, I'd be happy to pay them. Open offer. 

Until then it'll be naked movies for me.

• Haha 2

I'm trying to check out with one at this time but I'm not seeing payment options.  Any advice?

----

Nevermind.  The cartridge was removed from my cart while I was trying to work out the details.  Probably didn't need this cart anyway.

Edited by doctorclu
  • Sad 1

@rbairos Well.. no luck for me on this new FW update. I've got 3 movie files on the SDcard and it only plays the first one I copy over. Pressing select doesn't seem to do anything except restart the movie again.

I've tried to use the update file a few times but it doesn't seem to make any difference.

The two carts I have, one of them I don't think has a sticker on it and while it does work in my 7800, it still shows the graphical glitches on the 2600jr. The other cart I got has a "1" on the sticker and that one works in both 7800 and 2600jr without issue. I'm assuming that is the one I need to update but yeah..doesn't seem to be taking.

28 minutes ago, -^CrossBow^- said:

@rbairos Well.. no luck for me on this new FW update. I've got 3 movie files on the SDcard and it only plays the first one I copy over. Pressing select doesn't seem to do anything except restart the movie again.

I've tried to use the update file a few times but it doesn't seem to make any difference.

The two carts I have, one of them I don't think has a sticker on it and while it does work in my 7800, it still shows the graphical glitches on the 2600jr. The other cart I got has a "1" on the sticker and that one works in both 7800 and 2600jr without issue. I'm assuming that is the one I need to update but yeah..doesn't seem to be taking.

Just a '1' or a '1.1'  or a '1+'  or a '1-' ?  (The last 3 are all version 1.1 as I got progressively lazier in my notation)
When you put in the SD-card with *just* update.frm on it, does it flash 22...22...22...   for example?

If you have an earlier version I can probably make a custom update.frm based on that.

1 hour ago, doctorclu said:

I'm trying to check out with one at this time but I'm not seeing payment options.  Any advice?

----

Nevermind.  The cartridge was removed from my cart while I was trying to work out the details.  Probably didn't need this cart anyway.

Another technical issue from Tindie is basically the following:
I put up a new batch -> everyone on the waiting list gets an email notification.
They vistit the site and the stock sells out.
An hour or two later, one gets cancelled, and automatically gets listed as available again.
Everyone gets a second notification, but  for the single cart.
Many fill out the billing info, but only one person completes it first, making it unavailable for the others, causing frustration.
I'll bring it up with them again.
Sorry about that.

8 minutes ago, rbairos said:

Just a '1' or a '1.1'  or a '1+'  or a '1-' ?  (The last 3 are all version 1.1 as I got progressively lazier in my notation)
When you put in the SD-card with *just* update.frm on it, does it flash 22...22...22...   for example?

If you have an earlier version I can probably make a custom update.frm based on that.

Just a '1'

And yes when I put in an SD card with just the update file it was showing the moviecart logo for a sec or two and then garbage while the cart was flashing twice...then pause....twice...then pause...etc.

37 minutes ago, -^CrossBow^- said:

This was happening to me too. I downloaded all the movies that were prepared and linked to earlier in this thread using the uTorrent app on my desktop. Only two or three of those movies played on my Movie Cart. Only when I downloaded them individually using the uTorrent WEB client did the movies play.

1 minute ago, livingonwheels said:

This was happening to me too. I downloaded all the movies that were prepared and linked to earlier in this thread using the uTorrent app on my desktop. Only two or three of those movies played on my Movie Cart. Only when I downloaded them individually using the uTorrent WEB client did the movies play.

These are movies I encoded myself that play fine on their own. I've copied them over to a newly formatted SDcard one by one but again it only plays the first movie copied over when pressing select. I'm sure that if I did what I was originally doing that it would work.

I was previously putting a folder on the SD card called movies and placing them all in there. When I would just copy over whichever movie I wanted to watch to the root of the SDcard and it would play. The Movies folder is ignored by the moviecart. But even on a clean SDcard it does the same. 

Something to be aware of, is that a modern windows OS will place a hidden System_Volume folder on the SDcard that you cannot normally delete. I've got a batch file I run when I detect it is there that removes that hidden folder off the SDcard by force since the normal windows interface won't allow it. Not sure if that folder volume can cause any issues but just something to be aware of. It does cause some issues with some of my other stuff so thought it warranted mention.

15 minutes ago, -^CrossBow^- said:

Something to be aware of, is that a modern windows OS will place a hidden System_Volume folder on the SDcard that you cannot normally delete. I've got a batch file I run when I detect it is there that removes that hidden folder off the SDcard by force since the normal windows interface won't allow it. Not sure if that folder volume can cause any issues but just something to be aware of. It does cause some issues with some of my other stuff so thought it warranted mention.

The firmware skips all folders and hidden files, stopping on the first regular file it finds (ignoring the name and extension entirely), so hopefully not an issue. I haven't run into any problems with those extra folders yet.

16 minutes ago, livingonwheels said:

So did you use the latest update.frm?  My first attemp was double or triple advancing on older ATARI models with noisier select buttons.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, -^CrossBow^- said:

Just a '1'

And yes when I put in an SD card with just the update file it was showing the moviecart logo for a sec or two and then garbage while the cart was flashing twice...then pause....twice...then pause...etc.

Exchanged some PMs with CrossBow.
He has an earlier '1.0' version that requires a custom update.frm that I'll work with him on.
Everyone else has '1.1'
Anyone who bought today has '1.2' with the multi-select built in (but also should be fine if you accidentally install the previous patch).

1 hour ago, rbairos said:

Another technical issue from Tindie is basically the following:
I put up a new batch -> everyone on the waiting list gets an email notification.
They vistit the site and the stock sells out.
An hour or two later, one gets cancelled, and automatically gets listed as available again.
Everyone gets a second notification, but  for the single cart.
Many fill out the billing info, but only one person completes it first, making it unavailable for the others, causing frustration.
I'll bring it up with them again.
Sorry about that.

Thanks for the explanation.  As mentioned, was a terrible experience and I don't want to risk a repeat.  I'm insisting Tindie delete my account.

And thanks for inventing this cart, it's a cool idea otherwise.  Moving on...

• Sad 1