IGNORED

New to the 5200

AtariDude

Hi everyone.

I recently received the Atari 5200 that I won from Kepone in a contest. I am interested in getting some of the common games for the 5200 and would like everyone's opinion on which of the common games I should get first.

I also have a question that I don't know the answer too. I received the 5200 without a power supply. I have an Atari 7800 system and I was told that I can not use the power supply for the 7800 with the 5200. Is this true? Besides Ebay, what is the best way to get a power supply for the 5200?

Thanks for your help :)

Hi everyone.

I recently received the Atari 5200 that I won from Kepone in a contest. I am interested in getting some of the common games for the 5200 and would like everyone's opinion on which of the common games I should get first.

I also have a question that I don't know the answer too. I received the 5200 without a power supply. I have an Atari 7800 system and I was told that I can not use the power supply for the 7800 with the 5200. Is this true? Besides Ebay, what is the best way to get a power supply for the 5200?

Thanks for your help  :)

The 5200 PS is unique.

If you have a 2 Port, PM me. I got an extra one.

Probably the best games are Pac-man, Pole Position, Gremlins and HERO. There are others, but I play these the most.

Hi everyone.

The 5200 PS is unique.

If you have a 2 Port, PM me. I got an extra one.

Probably the best games are Pac-man, Pole Position, Gremlins and HERO. There are others, but I play these the most.

Well is there a PS difference between the 4-Port and the 2-Port (I own a 4-Port)

There are 2 5200 power supplies. They are 12VDC (shipped with most 4-ports) and a 9VDC. They can both be used on any 5200, since the voltage is dropped internally. Using an AC supply from an 8-bit (the 400/800/850/1050 and others) will fry the 5200.

-Bry

As for some good games,

I recommend

Centipede (w/trak-ball, it's the best version for any system including modern systems)

Frogger

Frogger II

Pengo

Pac-Man

Ms. Pac-man

Qix

Dig Dug

Space Dungeon (need 2 controllers)

Robotron 2084 (need 2 controllers)

Miner 2049er

Berzerk

Beamrider

And the following repros/homebrews, many of which you can find at the AA store:

Millipede

Super Pac-Man

Koffi Yellow Kopter

Hi everyone.

Try searching on EBay for a 5200 power supply.

I wish I had an extra and I would have sent it if I did. Oh well.