IGNORED

Replacement supply for Mega STe

I am looking for a replacement supply for my Mega STe as the old one is "pulsing" and I can't find the fault, even after hours of video instruction and parts testing/replacing, only thing left is the transformer, which I may pull and test.  So I am looking at the Meanwell RB-85Q, size is good, has all the right voltages and current outs, just missing the PG line, any suggestions or ideas?  Thanks

Hi Master, I listed the wrong model number, its a RQ-65B, the RT-65B won't work as it doesn't have a -5v rail, which is present on the 5341 and the connector plug into the Mega STe.  Still missing the PG line, but I guess I can just wire that to the +5 rail, correct?  And yes, I do have a Noctua fan ready to go!

I've checked RQ-65B plate and compared it with Atari TT Service manual specs. And +5V line RQ-65B provides 6amps, service manual states that 7amps are needed. MegaSTe has the same requirements (also checked service manual). Every other parameter is ok. But I'm not sure how relevant it is nowadays with modern storage options (most are not very power hungry), might be different with alot of devices connected. So, I think RQ-85B would be a safer bet. On the other hand RQ-65B specs page says that +5V line can work in range of 0-8A.

Edited by saulot

8 hours ago, saulot said:

I've checked RQ-65B plate and compared it with Atari TT Service manual specs. And +5V line RQ-65B provides 6amps, service manual states that 7amps are needed. MegaSTe has the same requirements (also checked service manual). Every other parameter is ok. But I'm not sure how relevant it is nowadays with modern storage options (most are not very power hungry), might be different with alot of devices connected. So, I think RQ-85B would be a safer bet. On the other hand RQ-65B specs page says that +5V line can work in range of 0-8A.

I think you are correct, if one uses a Gotek and Ultra Satan the main power draw would be significantly reduced and therefore the current required would probably be easily handled by the RQ-65B, thanks.