IGNORED

Where have all the pirates gone?

Marco

Hi all,

There used to be a time when you could find pirate or import Atari 2600 games all over the place. Newsgroups, trades en eBay all had a fair share of these weird and unusual games. But lately, it has gotten more and more difficult to find these oddities. Sure, there's still the occasional Brazilian auction on eBay, but where have all the Asian, Australian and other S-American goodies gone?

I know that interest in these (mostly PAL) games is on a low, but does that completely explain the lack of supply in this genre? Any thoughts?

Cheers,

Marco

Must be because I decided to collect them. :)

Personally I find all the pirate carts quite interesting, as they have some funky variations - like the pirate 2001-in-1 console I posted about in another thread - which has things like Frostbite with a girl instead of the bloke, or Mariana which is Seaquest but different!

I`m sort of wanting to get all the pirate carts, but there's such little research done into them it's a bit of a black art.

I agree, though, they're nothing like as common as people seem to think - not these days, anyway. Most annoying is when there's a console or game you want where the seller only posts to Germany or Australia or something, and most of the pirate carts seem to be like that...

• 3 weeks later...

I'm big into PAL and pirate carts. I love 'em. One of my favorites is a Fast Eddie cart with a picture of Mr. T on it! :D

I don't have hardly any of the good Brazillian stuff, though; usually it costs a fortune to ship it and it takes forever. If there's anyone in the US with a bunch of Brazillian stuff to unload, LMK!

I have 2 boxed carts from Brazil.....Pitfall and Bobby is Going Home. I'm not sure but they have CCE logos in place of the Activision and whatever else logo.

That's about all I have.

I couldn't justify collecting more as my budget just can't handle it.