IGNORED

8-Bit Software: A Preservation Effort

SoulBuster

26 minutes ago, www.atarimania.com said:

I'm having problems with this one and a number of other tapes with a lot of ERROR 138 messages, is anybody experiencing the same?

Also, the size of the .cas file is pretty weird here, something appears off.

I tried O'Reily's Mine the other day... the zip file has a .cas file size on side 1 of 157kb (!) ... didn't load in older versions of Altirra, didn't try v4+

So I used a8cas tools v1.3.1 with side 1 wav file and got a .cas file of only 13kb ... which loaded ok with Altirra and SIO patch enabled.

• Like 2

@SoulBuster

I am simply amazed at how fast you are banging these out.  Thank you SOOO much for archiving these for me. They were sitting in a box forever getting bigger and bigger. I was dreading going through them all. Hopefully they will be useful to not only Atarimania and The Atari 8-bit Software Preservation group but also everybody using their Atari 8-bit computers.

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, Allan said:

@SoulBuster

I am simply amazed at how fast you are banging these out.  Thank you SOOO much for archiving these for me. They were sitting in a box forever getting bigger and bigger. I was dreading going through them all. Hopefully they will be useful to not only Atarimania and The Atari 8-bit Software Preservation group but also everybody using their Atari 8-bit computers.

To tell you the truth, so am I.  I never had a run go so well.

I made it through the initial run and need to try to get the ones I set aside that gave me errors. 

In addition, I am going back and looking them all up again on A8SP.  I said before, that I would not do the ones that A8SP already has a recording from you, but then I noticed that some of them are not verified and can be with the second side recorded.  Also there are "Fixes" on some of them.  I will try to get clean copies.  I will indicate which ones I re-recorded.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2