IGNORED

New favorite 2600 joystick

RangerG

One time someone posted the following link to an excellent old article rating classic joysticks:

http://www.atarimagazines.com/v7n8/joysticks.html

Well, one of the favorites in the article was the Mindscape Powerplayer. I have kept this name in the back of my head and today I ran across two of these joysticks in terrific condition. I bought them for $5 each (a little much maybe, but I tend to splurge if I see something classic at the flea market). These are great joysticks. My old favorite was the 500XJ Epyx, but this one is better. It has a subtle click and is comfortable to hold. Ahh - gaming bliss :wink:. Does anyone else like this joystick?

Take care,

RG

I used to have one of those years ago. It ended up breaking. I didn't think it was the most comfortable joystick i've tried. But then, the ol' standard issue Atari joystick is pretty hard to beat in my opinion. I also have an EPYX joystick. I don't use it too often. It's not as accurate as a CX40 joystick. Plus a joystick with microswitches tends to be a little noisy to use. Although the EPYX stick I had for the NES with built in rapid fire was sweet. So much more ergonomic than those rectangular pain/cramp machines that shipped with the NES.

With all my game systems and the controllers available for them, i've never found anything as easy to use and all-around 'perfect' as Atari's basic joystick. In my eyes, every thing else pales in comparison.

I've got for controllers:

Roklan Un-Roller

Trak-Ball

Pointmaster

Spectravideo

Suncom Tac-2

Kraft

Atari Joystick

Atari Paddles

Keypad Controller

The Kraft is more likely a C64 controller..but it's compatible with my 2600 and better control in my opinion. Roklans are also compatible with Atari computers if I'm not mistaken.