IGNORED

n00b question: Does STOS support mono mode?

I just looked at a hi-res advert and it mentions STOS programs can change modes but it doesn't say colour machines only on the box front scan I found. Does STOS run if you are connected to a mono monitor at the time?

lol I should probably just look for a disk image and try it in an emulator, just read chapter 2 of the STOS manual and on general graphics section I didn't see a mention of mode command but then to use mono you have to actually have a mono monitor connected and reboot/power cycle the machine to go from low to high resolution I guess. 

edit, this was bugging me and I wanted to check out the scrolling on the ST version of Desolator (Kyros the arcade name originally) after some clueless nobjockey Retro Core (who now speaks over game music rendering comparisons utterly f^$king useless AND sounds like a prick showed what looked like a speeded up or 16mhz setting in the emulator to record the footage so as I was on Atarimania and I thought I would check out the 3 bundled STOS games with the package and bingo according to Atarimania STOS Game Creator is low/med/high res compatible. 

Combined with the STOS compiler, my Mega STE and some good quality screen grabs of Gauntlet running on a Macintosh emulator we may one day get a 1 level demo (not level 1, that looks boring) of Gauntlet for monochrome ST. 

Edited by oky2000
panic over!