IGNORED

Typo Attack's David Buehler Whereabouts

gilsaluki

5 minutes ago, Mclaneinc said:

Of course there will be people that are happy to be found and are happy to come on here and have a chat, so in that sense there simply is no harm in reaching out as long as we respect their wishes. Just common decency..

Exactly and if you follow Kay's interviews, you know that it happened so often.

Btw.: I tagged him in his interview-thread with a link to here. Let's wait and see.

• Like 1

I have been in contact with David since 2016. He is not super interested in doing an interview, but has indicated that he may agree to one some day. At this point I am not holding my breath, but I remain hopeful. I think it's safe to say that he doesn't want to be bothered by the Atari community. 

—Kay (the artist formerly known as Kevin)

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

42 minutes ago, Savetz said:

I have been in contact with David since 2016. He is not super interested in doing an interview, but has indicated that he may agree to one some day. At this point I am not holding my breath, but I remain hopeful. I think it's safe to say that he doesn't want to be bothered by the Atari community. 

Thanks for the info.  And I will now go catch up on all that I have missed all these years.

48 minutes ago, Savetz said:

I totally understand and respect Mr. Buehler's wishes. If you are in contact with him, please convey to him that "Typo Attack" holds a place near and dear to my heart. It was the very first program I bought (with my brand new 130 XE) and it was responsible for teaching me how to type. Today when people comment "wow, you type fast", I tell them I have "Typo Attack on my 130 XE" to thank for that (and 99 percent of people dont know what the hell IM talking about LOL).

• Like 2

I agree Flyindrew.  Typo Attack was/is great!  I know other programs came along that copied the theme, but David's idea was original and appealed to both educational and gamer crowds.  Thank him for me as well.  Hopefully, he does not have negative memories from those years.  As this thread kicked off, some people want absolutely NOTHING to do with their past or Atari.  It means nothing to them now.  Which, again, amazes me at some level.  But, I respect his wishes.