IGNORED

ST Compatible Fonts

I need an ELI5 explanation of how fonts work with NVDI.  I have NDVI installed and I downloaded some common fonts from the net (TrueType) and only 1 of them works. Arial. The rest get a missing ID or damaged font warning when the ST starts up.  Where I can source some common fonts (Open Sans, Times New Roman, Helvetica, etc...) that will work with the ST.  NOTE: I only downloaded fonts that had the .ttf extension.

Thank you in advance...

I'm pretty sure I... er... 'borrowed' some Windows TTF fonts from my Windows install back then (early 2000s, so likely Windows XP at the latest) - just the basics like the 'real' Times New Roman and Arial - and they worked. Do the downloaded fonts you used work on the PC? Perhaps the level of 'hinting' is an issue (I imagine Arial doesn't have much of that). I think truetype also has some sort of embedding protection on some fonts so perhaps NVDI can't handle that?

• Like 1

20 hours ago, 8bitguy1 said:

I downloaded some common fonts from the net (TrueType) and only 1 of them works. Arial.

The fonts that are not recognised most likely do not have legacy kerning enabled.  Open a TTF in a font editor and save it with legacy kern enabled (some times called old style kern).  Then the font should be compatible with systems from the 1990s.

• Like 2