IGNORED

Incognito JED experimental upgrade

candle

Folks:

Don't have too much air time, for now, as I am very busy at work, and also making sure all the eons-overdue BIOS and CPLD updates are applied...

Don't mean to burst anyone bubbles here, but it seems the .JED files posted here are NOT the latest ones. Here's the latest pair I found:

Incognito-BETA-CPLD-2021_10_04-v3-MOSAIC.jed

Incognito-BETA-CPLD-2021_10_07-BIT3_VBXE.jed

Notice the SECOND one... it was posted by Candle himself on VBXE-on-Incognito thread. I had the first one already applied a long time ago, as I was actively involved in finding / testing several bugs on Incognito, and also testing Mosaic memory management... but also applied recently the second one, after performing a binary compare and noticing multiple differences between these files.

I have NOT binary-compared these two to any posted here, but I can assure the latest one (10/7) has passed all the monkey-wrenches I have thrown at it, except SysCheck-over-PBI which only partially works (very strange). Turbofreezer DOES works beautifully, which is the key one.

Also, here are the updated versions of AXLON/MOSAIC-specific ram-testers (v5) which rooted out nasty bugs (Antic DMA is controlled with SELECT key, so you can complete a 1MB AXLON test in slightly over 11,000 frames):

tstaxlon.com

tstmos64.com

Cheers!

Edited by Faicuai
Cleanup, clarity

7 minutes ago, TheMontezuma said:

I wish @candle used version control and wrote release notes for CPLD code he posted here and there at AtariAge...

The second .JED file I posted above (what seems the TRUE latest, when performing binary-compares and dates), comes from here, as it was already posted by Candle, and already downloaded multiple times:

I have been testing it for days (all same tests I did for prior .JED for Mosaic-ram update) and it seems to be working well. It does incorporate changes to handle VBXE properly, so it seems advisable we all run this version, moving forward.

Cheers!

Edited by Faicuai
Clean-up, clarity...

8 minutes ago, TheMontezuma said:

And here the post edited on 11.1.2023 (the same date is in the attached main.jed file):

That means we have a new candidate 🤪

😂😂😂

Holy smokes! Back to square ZERO! 

UPDATE: YES, this one is internally dated as Jan. 2023, so THIS is the latest one found: Incognito-BETA-CPLD-2023_01_11-BIT3_VBXE.jed

Will download and compare, today! If different, whole set of tests to be repeated!!! 

Cheers!

Edited by Faicuai
Accuracy...
  • Confused 1

38 minutes ago, flashjazzcat said:

The FC.COM fix rings true for me, since I was the one who discovered FC.COM didn't previously work.

Now - I wonder what's shipping on the boards these days?

I've wondered about that all along because there is always something different popping up, the universal fix ultimately being update the .jed and go to FJC's site for BIOS/ROM (aka firmware download) for updates... anything else results in headaches later.

https://atari8.co.uk/firmware/incognito/

go to download part way down, click, then click the incognito firmware version download.

Edited by _The Doctor__

Ok, folks, BAD news:

1. The .JED file with date 1/2023 (LAST one posted right above these posts), DOES NOT WORK with Bit3D/Fullview, even with EXTSEL set in COLLEEN mode on Incognito BIOS. Already tested with one of my Bit3d cards, on both my INCOGNITO and OEM 800s.
  2. The .JED with date 10/7 that I originally posted (latest working version I knew) DOES PROPERLY WORK with Bit3D/Fullview card. That's the one I am keeping.

CANDLE needs to check his .JED file from 1/2023.

Cheers!

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...