IGNORED

Activision Anthology for GBA Announced

Albert

There were more Imagic titles on the Intellivision that were never released for the 2600, but there were a few by Activision as well:

Dreadnaught Factor

Happy Trails

Worm Whomper

Of those, I believe only Dreadnaught Factor made it to another system (5200 and Atari 8-bit computers).

Ok...I can finally post the official game list.

Thanks for the list. The only games on there that I really care about are Beamrider, Enduro, Fishing Derby, Kaboom!, River Raid, Starmaster, and Tennis, but I guess even just those would be worth the money. I hope future releases by any company will include Imagic and Atari titles and more. I would love to play games such as Demon Attack, E.T., Lock 'N' Chase, Midnight Magic, Solar Fox, Star Trek: Strategic Operations Simulator, Ms. Pac-Man, Adventure, Stargate (Defender II), Marauder, Subterranea, Laser Gates, Circus Atari, Othello, Video Chess, Yars' Revenge, Mountain King, Boing, Commando Raid, and so on using a GBA.

this is kindof a dumb question, but will Pete Rose Baseball actually be called Pete Rose Baseball in the final version? on the PS2 version of AA, it was stripped of the Pete Rose tag, im guessing for legal reasons (and knowing Pete Rose, who knows where that money would go :P )

There were more Imagic titles on the Intellivision that were never released for the 2600, but there were a few by Activision as well:

Dreadnaught Factor

Happy Trails

Worm Whomper

Of those, I believe only Dreadnaught Factor made it to another system (5200 and Atari 8-bit computers).

And Dreadnaught Factor rules, too.

this is kindof a dumb question, but will Pete Rose Baseball actually be called Pete Rose Baseball in the final version?  on the PS2 version of AA, it was stripped of the Pete Rose tag, im guessing for legal reasons (and knowing Pete Rose, who knows where that money would go :P )

Seems likely to me that if they didn't want to pay Pete Rose for a license for the PS2 version, they won't want to for the GBA one either. And honestly, even though I think Pete Rose is a great player who got shafted out of the HOF when there are far WORSE guys in it (drinkers, adulterers, bigots, wife-beaters and so on) the game plays the same way with or w/o his name attached - it really doesn't matter.

(from an episode of The Critic)

Kevin Costner: "Well, I built that baseball diamond in the middle of the corn field. Now what?"

(baseball players materialize from the field)

Kevin Costner: "Wow, Babe Ruth!"

Babe Ruth: "Anyone know where a guy can get a hooker around here?"

Kevin Costner: "Wow, it's Ty Cobb!"

Ty Cobb: "So, when's the next Klan meeting?"

Kevin Costner: "Er, uh, hey, it's Darryl Strawberry!"

(Darryl punches Kevin in the face)

JR

Well guys (and gals), we're almost finished with Activision Anthology GBA. We're going through near-final testing right now, so it should just be a few more days before we send the final version off to Nintendo for approval. Once that happens, it'll be off to Japan for manufacturing! Yay!

-cnn

Well guys (and gals), we're almost finished with Activision Anthology GBA.  We're going through near-final testing right now, so it should just be a few more days before we send the final version off to Nintendo for approval.  Once that happens, it'll be off to Japan for manufacturing!  Yay!

-cnn

Best news I've heard all week! :thumbsup:

Well guys (and gals), we're almost finished with Activision Anthology GBA.  We're going through near-final testing right now, so it should just be a few more days before we send the final version off to Nintendo for approval.  Once that happens, it'll be off to Japan for manufacturing!  Yay!

-cnn

YARGH!

I had a brief thought of the Street Fighter announcer going "Japan!" as the cart left.

Now I have this image of Pitfall Harry fighting Ryu and it WON'T GET OUT!

We're going through near-final testing right now, so it should just be a few more days before we send the final version off to Nintendo for approval.

Rockin'!

I'm buying a black (sorry... "Onyx") GBA-SP next week. Can't wait to fire up those vintage Activision games on it. :D

So... care to share with us any personal opinions on how it turned out? Were side-by-side comparisons done with the original games on a real 2600 to ensure accuracy?

So... care to share with us any personal opinions on how it turned out? Were side-by-side comparisons done with the original games on a real 2600 to ensure accuracy?

The emulation is quite good, I have been involved in heavily testing the GBA Anthology the past week (and continue to do so). I am working on getting all the patches now, although I can't bring myself to get 100,000 points in Laser Blast.. Having over 50 Atari 2600 games in the form factor of a GBA SP is fantastic! Nice way to kill time while I'm waiting in line at the evil post office. :)

..Al

I still think you guys should add my 9/11 themed update of Kaboom!, cleverly titled Kabul!

Buuuuut since that's not gonna happen, I'll just enjoy the game as it is.

JR

The emulation is quite good, I have been involved in heavily testing the GBA Anthology the past week (and continue to do so).  I am working on getting all the patches now, although I can't bring myself to get 100,000 points in Laser Blast.. <grin>  Having over 50 Atari 2600 games in the form factor of a GBA SP is fantastic!  Nice way to kill time while I'm waiting in line at the evil post office.  :)

Funny that my wife didn't see it the same way when I pulled out the GBA SP and started playing it waiting on line for the buffet at a wedding reception tonight. :lolblue:

It's probably too late, but any chance of having Jammed/Crazy Valet (homebrew) on this?

This type of puzzle game is perfect for on-go-gaming - less than a minute per game while in the post office line :) Not sure with the licensing of the similar game "Rush Hour" though.

Otherwise, it sounds quite exciting - can't wait for the release!

--

jason

It's probably too late, but any chance of having Jammed/Crazy Valet (homebrew) on this?

This type of puzzle game is perfect for on-go-gaming - less than a minute per game while in the post office line :)  

One minute? :o You haven't got past Jammed puzzle #100, have you? ;)

Not sure with the licensing of the similar game "Rush Hour" though.

Unfortunately that's exactly the problem.

Funny that my wife didn't see it the same way when I pulled out the GBA SP and started playing it waiting on line for the buffet at a wedding reception tonight. :lolblue:

:thumbsup: Hey you're really great! :lol: :lolblue: :lol:

I hope I'll get the chance to do the same thing someday! eheheh

Regards,

Rasty.-

Hi there!

:thumbsup: Hey you're really great! :lol: :lolblue: :lol:

I hope I'll get the chance to do the same thing someday! eheheh

Hehe... My girlfriend always goes berzerk too, when I take the GBA with me when visiting her mother :D

Greetings,

Manuel

We're going through near-final testing right now, so it should just be a few more days before we send the final version off to Nintendo for approval.

Rockin'!

I'm buying a black (sorry... "Onyx") GBA-SP next week. Can't wait to fire up those vintage Activision games on it. :D

Well, I am thrilled with the results! Playing Pitfall II with full music at full speed on the GBA is just a thing of beauty. The build that I'm playing right now is just super fast, and almost every game is running at full speed now. I think this is easily the best retro gaming compilation on the GBA, and it might even be the best one on any console system.

Is there any hope in heck that I could get a copy of the latest build or just a copy of the game to show at the OKGE on the 20th of this month? I would naturally send it back, but would really like to have this be shown. I am sure that Albert will probably do this anyway for you guys...but just in case he doesn't...I really want it!!

Heck, I might just buy it if it is avail in the next 2 weeks?!

:D

Is there any hope in heck that I could get a copy of the latest build or just a copy of the game to show at the OKGE on the 20th of this month?  I would naturally send it back, but would really like to have this be shown.  I am sure that Albert will probably do this anyway for you guys...but just in case he doesn't...I really want it!!

Heck, I might just buy it if it is avail in the next 2 weeks?!

:D

Sorry, I can't send out any copies at all. It's going to Nintendo for final approval later this week, and then it will take about a month and a half to manufacture and ship out to retailers.

And by the way, one of the testers on this project, Jennifer Becker, got the 1,000,000 stripe patch in Laser Blast today. That's HARDCORE!!!!

-cnn

--

Well, I am thrilled with the results! Playing Pitfall II with full music at full speed on the GBA is just a thing of beauty. The build that I'm playing right now is just super fast, and almost every game is running at full speed now. I think this is easily the best retro gaming compilation on the GBA, and it might even be the best one on any console system.

--

If you were able to do that on a system that isn't even as fast as a PS1, it's too bad you didn't work on Activision Classics for PS1....

You must have somehow disassembled and ported the code over somehow. There is no way it's doing a real-time 6502/TIA emulation.