IGNORED

ZΔRKSTΔRS - A Space Saga

HSW3ET

On 10/31/2021 at 4:36 PM, Arenafoot said:

Is Zarkstars a "More Work Games" release? or "self published" (with assistance from More Work)??? trying to classify it correctly in the checklist book.....

Hi Brian! The Zarkstars saga is not a release by (and does not belong to) More Work Games. There was no assistance from MW unless you understand that MW is me. ? Although More Work is my brand, which I idealized, I preferred to launch the game under my own name. In the future I believe I will release other games for MW, but the saga does not belong to the brand. I hope you understand my English and that the text is clear. ??

• Like 1

On 11/3/2021 at 7:05 PM, ZeroPage Homebrew said:

Has anyone played Zarkstars? I haven't seen any footage of gameplay yet.

- James

Hi James! I was traveling the last few days. Hope to have a video of the game soon. Anyway, we need to talk about the show. ?

On 11/2/2021 at 10:27 PM, Yurkie said:

Sorry replied to email earlier tonight with address HSW3ET.

Hopefully I can still order mine.

Hi Yurkie. I believe you've already got your copy... am I right?

My intention is not to leave anyone without the game... but the copies are almost gone. Maybe I have to make a second batch. ?

• Like 1

22 hours ago, HSW3ET said:

Hi Yurkie. I believe you've already got your copy... am I right?

My intention is not to leave anyone without the game... but the copies are almost gone. Maybe I have to make a second batch. ?

Just paid invoice.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, cwieland said:

It's mostly me dying over and over again. ?  It's pretty tough right out of the gate.

My one real knock on this game so far is it really needs a way to restart a game other than the reset and select switches. My first game lasted about 12 seconds, which was still plenty of time for the cat to settle into my lap and fall asleep.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 11/6/2021 at 1:21 AM, cwieland said:

I got my copy today and put together a quick video for everyone who wanted to see the gameplay.  It's mostly me dying over and over again. ?  It's pretty tough right out of the gate.

Hi cwieland! You started playing really well at the beginning of the video! Thanks for submitting the video.

I made a short video today to show you all how to play Zarkstars I. ?

On 11/6/2021 at 12:59 PM, KaeruYojimbo said:

My one real knock on this game so far is it really needs a way to restart a game other than the reset and select switches. My first game lasted about 12 seconds, which was still plenty of time for the cat to settle into my lap and fall asleep.

Hi KaeruYojimbo!

I've been using a fairly long RF cable to leave the console on the couch (along with the cat, in your case). ?
I think I'll soon have the Overlays from all the Saga games for us to put on the Atari panel. All games use console Switchs in some way, so the idea is to have the console around.

On Zarkstars I, you can trigger Rapid Fire on the Color/B-W Switch and Continue on the Select Switch. ?

On 11/6/2021 at 2:50 PM, r_type2600 said:

Thanks for posting the video.

Really original and nice colors scheme, and the parallax scrolling is cool, and smart.

Thank you r_type2600!
By the way, Zarkstars I has a bit of an R-Type. ? I really enjoyed watching my younger brother play the Master System version in the 80s.