IGNORED

Holiday cheer

arcadeshopper

For about twenty years I have been on a sabbatical from the TI world.

In 2020, I decided to tip my toe back in the water. I found many new good things had happened in the last twenty or so odd years.

Some of the things I’ve been thankful for….

FinalGrom - This has made it much easier using modern tools to get new software on to real TI hardware.

Thanks to Ralph for the design, ArcadeShopper for making my first one and walking me through it’s use and Brewer Academy for additional units.

Tipi - bringing the power of a modern PC to the TI. Thank you Matt for the design. Many thanks to arcadeshopper for helping me get it up and going.

IDE Card -  About 20 years ago, I put together an IDE Card. It no longer worked, thanks many times over to Shift838 for fixing my old unit, and building a new unit. And the many hours helping me get it going with a compact flash unit.

MDOS 7.3 and PFM - Many thanks go out to InsaneMultitasker and 9640News for MDOS 7.3 - and all the new hardware it supports. The insane one helped me update the PFM with MDOS 7.3 and the new core boot utilities.

SD2SCSI - of course, thanks go to the original creators. Then a big helping of thanks to Insane Multitasker for his help in showing me the correct way to configure it for MDOS 7.3, and updating the MYS (MYScsi) utility to cooperate with MDOS 7.3 and the sd2scsi device.

ROS8.42 - This nudged me to rescue two old Horizons that had been stored with batteries for twenty years. I think ROS hadn’t been updated in about that long. It took a couple of helpful hints by the insane one to get me over some software bumps - ditto with formatting horizons under MDOS 7.3. Thanks for the installation help insane multitasker, the update to the software and storing the source code in github. When I was getting an error, have the code in github made it very easy to see what area of code the problem was in. 

MAME and TI Image Tool - Mizapf. I consider MAME to be my GeneveOS trainer software. When something isn’t working on real hardware - after I get over the Panic attack, I fire up MAME and see if I get the same results.

Atariage and Classic99 - I wrote my first little program using Fortran99, then moved on to TurboPascal99 - with Vielen Dank to Wolhess. This was also the year I got to run SOB on Classic99 and found out how easy it is to play Space Invaders with real joysticks under Classic99

TICodEd by SBauch - One of my childhood dreams was actually understanding the spaghetti code that was TI-Trek. The TICodEd - and a lot of help from SBauch along the line I was finally able to create a commented and readable (by me) version. I’m looking forward to porting this to the Strange ‘Cart’ when available. 

SavingAgingEyes - yep, the F18A - it takes a village to make good things happen. Matt for the design, Hans for actually building the little devils and Ruggers Customs for the installation. Now I have a large crystal clear monitor. Thanks to everyone that made this happen.

GoTek - Thanks to its creator, and to arcadeshopper for making this available in a TI ready format. This for me was the physically most challenging project, the screw holes didn’t exactly line up, the floppy cable had to be made in such a way that it flipped 180 degrees in the back and middle to accommodate pin1 of the gotek. But once again, another thing to make it easier to move code from the PC world to real 990 hardware. Arcadeshopper gave me the help I needed to understand what this was all about and how to make it work.

PBOX Extender Card - Great Work Creating this card goes to KSARUL and for making it available to others. I knew I wanted one, from the day I saw Micheal Becker use one in his magic basement 25 years ago. The TI world owes KSARUL many thanks for bringing back the Horizon, SSAMS, UberGroms and co-creating SVD and other really kewl hardware projects.

DonO - Where’s the go to place for older software? WHTECH.com - a thankless job, well done for going on thirty years. 

Fred - Almost everyday I use one or more of his software contributions to the TI world. Fred’s Editor, IDE DSR, DU2K, DM2K, GDM2K, TI99Dir.

• Like 7

FinalGrom - This has made it much easier using modern tools to get new software on to real TI hardware.

Thanks to Ralph for the design, ArcadeShopper for making my first one and walking me through it’s use and Brewer Academy for additional units.

Ralph made your first one I just sold them for him

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

I made a RXB 2001 version and showed it to RAY in a Video.

He never replied but performance was close to same, a RXB 2021 version

with the Assembly routines for HCHAR and HPUT to take the place of DISPLAY AT

would really speed up the game.