IGNORED

Intellivisionaries Podcast Hosts - LIVE Stream

Papa Pete

C-Mart, Nurmix and Rick will all be joining me on Tuesday, December 28 at 8:00PM EST/5:00PM PST on the next episode of Papa Pete LIVE, along with Co-Host Gogamego Jeff, as always.  It should be a lot of fun talking about all things Intellivision, and all things regarding the Podcast itself.  We hope to see you in the chat! ?

Edited by Papa Pete
  • Like 7

4 hours ago, Tarzilla said:

@Rick Reynolds, what was the box with the reds lights that was behind you on the shelf?

That's a replica PDP-11, called a PiDP-11.  It is a raspberry pi housing that contains the switches and LEDs to replicate a 3/4 scale (I think?) PDP-11 computer.  The Pi runs simh, a simulator that enables the system to behave like a PDP-11.

Here's the project page:  https://obsolescence.wixsite.com/obsolescence/pidp-11

I love the idea of it, and I like having the blinky lights there on the shelf.  But I haven't dug into much PDP-11 software or programming (yet).  It's a very interesting piece of computer history... 

• Like 5

6 hours ago, Rick Reynolds said:

That's a replica PDP-11, called a PiDP-11.  It is a raspberry pi housing that contains the switches and LEDs to replicate a 3/4 scale (I think?) PDP-11 computer.  The Pi runs simh, a simulator that enables the system to behave like a PDP-11.

I love the idea of it, and I like having the blinky lights there on the shelf.  But I haven't dug into much PDP-11 software or programming (yet).  It's a very interesting piece of computer history... 

You want a bit more of that interesting history?  The design of the CP-1600 microprocessor used by the Intellivision was based on the PDP-11 processor.  ?

dZ.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Psycho Stormtrooper- Rog said:

Sorry Tarzilla... The fact that you even know what that is, says it all.

(Self-bustification) 

Not really, I helped CMart move his precious collection from one house to another, it took a google search to figure out why there was a horizontal bar and a mirror in the room that had a post it note on the door that read "Cmart's Second favorite room"

On 12/30/2021 at 12:36 AM, Rick Reynolds said:

I used a PDP-11/23 in high school.  With a Decwriter II for a terminal.  What a waist of paper!