IGNORED

CBS Video Games

Toucan

I don't think I saw this ad before which explicitly states support for the TI-99/4A. I know CBS did Othello for the TI sometime in early 1982 or so, but this was from 1983 when CBS was porting bigger titles to video game systems. Has anyone else seen other CBS ads which mention anything about which titles were in development for the TI?

atari2600_cbs_maddeness.jpg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, OLD CS1 said:

Timely, as he just passed.

RIP Coach Madden. He insisted on the first Madden games having the full 11 players on each side of the ball. Sprite limitations did not impress him at all. Coach Madden forced game early sports game developers to make true simulations of the game. "It's not football unless the whole team is in the game. I'm not signing off on less than the real thing."

The man was right. Rumor has it his off-screen vocabulary included many motivational four-letter words. Shockingly colorful man.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, OLD CS1 said:

Timely, as he just passed.

That's actually how I stumbled on this ad. As I read about John Madden's passing, and remembered CBS was going to make a Football game called "Maddeness" back in 1983 (which I guess would have be the first Madden game ever made). Then this ad popped up in the search for "Maddeness".

Edited by Toucan