IGNORED

Sequel to Druid

Avram

There's a Druid 3 on the C64 as well that didn't make it to the Atari - it was shipped near the end of the C64's commercial lifespan by Millennium rather than Firebird under the name Warlock: The Avenger.

Thank-you for all the information. I'm not going to be anywhere near my computer till mid-September so will have to wait until then to try an emulated Druid 2 and Druid 3. Shame that they weren't coded for the Atari - the original Druid game was implemented so well and plays great.

Thank-you for all the information.  I'm not going to be anywhere near my computer till mid-September so will have to wait until then to try an emulated Druid 2 and Druid 3.  Shame that they weren't coded for the Atari - the original Druid game was implemented so well and plays great.

There are ATARI ST versions , so at least one ATARI system got ports of the Druid games.I have only Warlock the Avenger (Druid 3) , but this game comes together with a remake of Druid 1.Druid 2 should be available ,too ,for the ST , but I only have the AMIGA version which probably is a 1:1 port of the ST game since most AMIGA games of that time were ported from the ST.

But the ATARI 800 only got Druid 1 although I read about a Druid 2 port in a 80s magazine.Maybe there is a prototype , some source code or some ported graphics somewhere ,???

Thimo

A prototype of Druid 2? Hmm - sounds very interesting. Again on the C64 scene is a website dedicated to lost games: Games that Weren't - http://homepage.ntlworld.com/frank.gasking...Test/index2.htm

I think the closest Atari users have is the fascinating site JetbootJack put up - www.jetbootjack.com. Or do other prototype sites for the A8 exist?

A prototype of Druid 2?  Hmm - sounds very interesting.  Again on the C64 scene is a website dedicated to lost games: Games that Weren't -http://homepage.ntlworld.com/frank.gasking/Test/index2.htm

S'best to go in through the front door; homepage.ntlworld.com/frank.gasking 'cos the other address is just an outfit test for now. The official address is cs.c64.org but Slaygon/Censor is putting a new hard disk into the machine that handles c64.org and it's forwarding so it's down for a few more days yet. =-)

i'm one of the regulars on Frank's message board too, since we've known each other since the days when i was working in a computer shop in Kent selling C64 games and he was coming in occasionally and buying 'em... =-)