IGNORED

ARM games, Stella and AtGames Legends cabinets (Pinball, Ultimate)

johnnywc

Hi there!

For Christmas this year, we purchased a family gift:  the AtGames Legends Pinball.  (edit: I should also mentioned I picked up the Arcade Control Panel to play the emulator games :) ).

Besides being a very good virtual pinball machine, it can also play various emulators and ROMs using their AddOnX feature (either directly or through CoinOps).  Of course, the first thing I wanted to try were some of the games I've developed. :)  I was able to run a few of my non-ARM games (Lady Bug, Conquest of Mars, Avalanche (but paddles don't work; other paddle games like Kaboom and Super Breakout work fine using the built in trackball as a paddle) running the stella2014-libretro.so core, and even got Scramble to work (ARM, DPC+).  Unfortunately, none of the CDF games (Mappy, Galagon, WoW, ZK, etc.) work.  (blank screen) ? 

I'm pretty sure DPC+ was in the 2014 build which is why Scramble works, but CDF wasn't added until 6.0.  I spoke with @stephena and he mentioned that there are two stella cores:  stella2014-libretro.so and stella-libretro.so, with the later having 6.x compatibility.  I tried to run Mappy, Galagon, etc. using this core and the same issue; blank screen.  

Question:  has anyone been able to successfully run the 2600 ARM CDF(J) games on a Legends Ultimate or Legends Pinball and if so, could you offer any advice?  I'm fairly new to the whole AddOnX feature and retroarch world so I'm not sure if this is even possible (I would think so assuming there is a compatible stella core out there since the 2014 build can run ARM DPC+ games like Scramble).  I can't figure out how (or if) it's possible to change any settings for the particular ROM file (that is built into a UCE archive) and thought maybe it's not detecting the proper bankswitching, etc.   I'm not sure why the trackball works as a paddle in the other paddle games like Kaboom, Super Breakout, etc. but not in Avalanche; does anybody know if there is some autodetection that is done to enable it for paddle games or is there a configuration or database that stores this info?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

John

• Like 1