IGNORED

how to create a tnfs on my window pc

stushug

7 hours ago, stushug said:

I just got my Fujinet 1.6 and I want to set up a TNFS on my Win 10 pc so I can communicate between my Atari 800 and my pc.  I can't seem to find out how to get started. Any help appreciated.

https://github.com/FujiNetWIFI/fujinet-platformio/wiki/Setting-Up-TNFS-On-Windows-10

There's lots of other good info on the wiki ;) 

12 hours ago, mozzwald said:

I can't get the TNFS set up. When I get to the last dialogue box and check ok, I keep getting an error message that "An error for task TNFSD. Error message: One or more of the specified arguments are not valid."

12 hours ago, mozzwald said:

Edited by stushug

I didn't bother running it in the background. In my home folder I have a batch file:

@echo off
c:\Users\gozar\tnfsd.exe "m:\My Drive\Applications\Atari8"

The tnfsd.exe is in my home folder, and all of my Atari files are in my Google Drive mounted at M:. This is my home network, so I'm not worried about anyone messing around with my stuff, and that I know it's only running when I run it.

• Like 1

I think the problem may be Win 11. My desktop is running 11 and that's where I'm having problems. I followed the same instructions and it worked flawlessly on my Win 10 laptop.

Will TNFS set up easily on Linux Mint? My desktop can boot to that, if need be. There's definitely a learning curve for the Fujinet (for me, at least!) I'll get there, sooner or later.

I also read that having 2.4GHz and 5GHz wifi can screw things up. I turned of the 5 for now. I'm can't remember if I did it before or after the laptop worked.

1 hour ago, stushug said:

Will TNFS set up easily on Linux Mint?

easy is relative ;) you can use the available binaries or build it yourself. There is also a raspberry pi image that you could grab the systemd files from if you wanted or pull them out of this raspi .DEB package.

2 hours ago, stushug said:

I also read that having 2.4GHz and 5GHz wifi can screw things up.

If the SSID for your 2.4ghz and 5ghz wifi networks are the same, the FujiNet may not be able to connect. FujiNet can only connect to 2.4ghz networks. If the SSIDs are different, it's not a problem.

The Fujinet 1.6 refuses to connect with the 5GHz turned on, so for now I have it off.

It will only connect to my laptop. Shouldn't it be able to connect to a desktop, or anything else connected to my network as long as that computer is set up with its own TNFS? It will not connect to my Win 11 box or another desktop running Win 10. My laptop is running Win 10 and the Atari 800 connects to it no problem. All three computers are set up the exact same way following the instructions found here:https://github-wiki-see.page/m/FujiNetWIFI/fujinet-platformio/wiki/Setting-Up-TNFS-On-Windows-10.