IGNORED

bug in Geneve Advanced BASIC?

hloberg

sent a DM instead on the bug.

But since you can't delete a post once created I do have a small annoyance; when you press ctrl-C to stop a BASIC program in ABASIC it prints a spurious character. 

also, don't you think it's about time for the GENEVE to get it's own section?

Edited by hloberg
  • Like 5

Post the control C issue on Abasic on 9640News.com website so we can track all issues/requests.  What does F4 do in Abasic if you are trying to stop a program.  CTRL-C has a unique response and off the top of my head, not sure if it was intended to be used as a way to break a running Abasic program.  In MDOS programs, you can place a CTRL-C vector at at specific address that will execute whenever the user presses the sequence.  Most MDOS programs do not use the vector so they get no response.  Myself, I have been using it to do a BLWP @0 call to return back to the CLI as an easy way to exit a program.  With Abasic, I am just not sure of the vector.  Probably same vector as the F4 key if it is to be used, but I do not know what would happen pressing CTRL-C if it was at the Abasic prompt, at a input in a basic program, in the middle of printing something on the screen, etc.  Lots of different potential outcomes........

As far as a Geneve only topic, I am of mixed opinion on it.  Might be time for a Forum Vote.  Myself, I am a bit hesitant as some discussions like Multiplan and the Psystem may not have resulted in TI-99/4A users responding had the topic been in the Geneve section.

Beery

• Like 3

thanks guys for the quick response. ya'll are doing a fantastic job with bringing the Geneve back.

The thing I like about the Geneve is it's a powerful blank canvas we can create upon. almost anything we do will be original to this machine. also it's fast. below is a demo program I ported to the Geneve from a C128/ BASIC 7. the Geneve ABASIC is at least 3 times faster than the C128 mode BASIC 7 running the same program. 

C128DEMO-AB.dsk

• Like 3