IGNORED

Extracting .dsk file directly on the TI

atrax27407

9 minutes ago, atrax27407 said:

Does a program exist (or is it possible to write one) to import and extract the files contained in a .dsk file directly on the TI?

Do you have a TIPI as I use TIDir to do this directly from PC to TI using the TIPI and a mapped network drive.

Do you have a TIPI as I use TIDir to do this directly from PC to TI using the TIPI and a mapped network drive.
You know that's kind of silly when you can just copy the disk file to the TIPI drive and it will automatically unpack it to a folder. Named the name of the disk

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

• Like 2

The disk backup program on the DU2K disk I got (apparently) does this.  I have not tested it with a DSK image made off the TI, but it should work as the formats are identical (less the extra 1k or 2k of zeros when creating an image.)

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, arcadeshopper said:

You know that's kind of silly when you can just copy the disk file to the TIPI drive and it will automatically unpack it to a folder. Named the name of the disk

This gets corrupted sometimes.

TIDir does not have that issue plus I can open and look at files unlike normal file from Windows will not open files like a XB program but TIDir will.

Plus Windows does not allow you to view files from PC like XB or Object files or DV80 or GRAM files.

1 hour ago, RXB said:

This gets corrupted sometimes.

TIDir does not have that issue plus I can open and look at files unlike normal file from Windows will not open files like a XB program but TIDir will.

Plus Windows does not allow you to view files from PC like XB or Object files or DV80 or GRAM files.

- if you have this happen please post the disk image in the tipi support forum so we can figure out why.

- I've had tidir make changes to filenames that made the program unusable until I went in and renamed everything manually..telco is a good example 

Greg

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, arcadeshopper said:

- if you have this happen please post the disk image in the tipi support forum so we can figure out why.

- I've had tidir make changes to filenames that made the program unusable until I went in and renamed everything manually..telco is a good example 

Greg

Yea ran into this bug caused by filename in TIDir, and asked why it needs two names.

Example a bug I hate is making all files lower case when the filename was ALL UPPPER CASE!

• Like 1

Yea ran into this bug caused by filename in TIDir, and asked why it needs two names.
Example a bug I hate is making all files lower case when the filename was ALL UPPPER CASE!
The case sensitive nature of Linux makes that matter.. the unpacker in TIPI uses the case of the original files in the disk image tho.. so unless someone's used lower case in the filenames they are usually all UPPERCASE