IGNORED

Deep Throat for the VCS 2600

khryssun

Hey John, glad to see you've dropped in!

I dug around my old 2600 development disks' date=' and do not appear to have any copies of this. :([/quote']

Ah, that's a big bummer... And I suspect the Sierra people won't have it either. I know Ken's memories of that period are really vague at this point in time.

The alternate version:

There have never been any rumors of Flesh Gordon actually existing beyond concept art either as far as I've seen.

At one point' date=' Sierra On-Line was doing Flesh Gordon and Texas Chainsaw Massacre, but I don't know the details of the business side of things, nor what happened to the later stages of the products. I just did some advising on the kernel for the games.

The only sequence I remember from Flesh Gordon, (and perhaps it was the only sequence even completed), had your character (Flesh) being chased around the screen by Prince Precious. If he caught you, the game displayed a rather graphic (by 2600 standards) animation of Flesh being buggered, and the caption, "Ugh, my ass!" beneath it. A bit too anatomically correct to even be shipable, I suspect.

I dug around my old 2600 development disks, and do not appear to have any copies of this. :(

- John Harris[/quote']

this brings up the question, we know the 2600 had the first console sex with its pron games, and since flesh gordon never came out, what was the first console game where someone got buggered? or has there ever been one? Seeing that old sierra stuff would be hilarious. Never knew Sierra themselves were making 2600 games 'till today.

Wow thats the first I heard that Flesh Gordon was even started!!

Hmmm So there may be hope yet a proto will show up.

The development systems we used were all RAM-based with links to either Apple ][ or Atari 800 computers. IIRC we didn't even have the parts to make proto EPROM carts. So the only hope likely resides with discovering a floppy with the code on it. (Too bad Ken didn't have one).

The guy who wrote it was Bob Davis (Ulysses and the Golden Fleece) but I have no idea where he might be at the moment.

- John

Never knew Sierra themselves were making 2600 games 'till today.

Just to clarify, I was only referring to development efforts with the term, "was doing", in the same context as the Jawbreaker/Threshold/Marauder games we did for Tiger. I don't think they were planning to release any 2600 titles under their own name, and certainly not TCM or Flesh. I remember Ken once talking about needing to release the titles under some alternate brand name, but don't remember if that was on Sierra's or Tiger's behalf.

- John