IGNORED

32K Expansion Power Supply Question

mutantcamel1979

I have just ordered a 32K Expansion and I am looking for the correct 5V power supply to use with it and the Speech Synthesizer.

I have a Pifco multi adapter with various plugs.

One is 2.1 x 5mm. Would this work? I also have a 2.5 x 5.5mm plug. The Brewing Academy lists it as 5.5 x 2.1mm.

I have bought the unit from elsewhere, otherwise I would have bought an adapter from them!

I live in the UK, so if anyone could point me in a direction of a decent adapter, then that would be appreciated!

I do not want to fry my machine or equipment over the sake of a few pounds!

Thanks

Edited by mutantcamel1979

Using a multi-adaptor may be asking for trouble .. when you change the voltage to use with something else then forget to change it back! I'd suggest either getting a fixed-voltage adaptor with a suitable plug, or google "usb to barrel connector" and get a connector to plug into a USB charger.

(Whereabout in the UK are you?)

• Like 2

If the 32K Expansion doesn't have a power light I will be paranoid that my multi adapter is not powering it, if the jack is slightly the wrong size!

Thanks - Regarding the usb to barrel connector, there is no mention if the tip is positive or negative.

I live in Yorkshire.

Edited by mutantcamel1979

There is no power light on my 32k card design. There is an activity light. When the 4A is off, the led state is undefined. My sense is that it usually 'floats' such that the light is on. Then when you turn the 4A on, the led turns off, cause the 4A doesn't use it until some particular software actually uses it. 

• Like 1