IGNORED

anyone ever have a game by Hozer die?

CincYnoTi

i have a couple old carts from randy c. that do not seem to work any more. i have tried them on a 2600 jr and a 7800 and neither show any color nor any sound at all when i turn the power on. even when i turn the power on with no game at all in a system, you usually get some annoying sound or something. could this be due to bit-rot or some other physical failure? are Hozer-made carts know to expire after a few years? just curious of this type of homebrew cartridge has a shorter life expectancy than a normal production cartridge made twenty years ago.

It occurs to me that we'll probably need someone to offer this as an official service at some point - replacing EPROMs that have reached the end of their lifespan.

Does anyone know how to reach Ed Federmeyer anymore? As much as I'd hate to see his games disappear when all the carts die I'd like to have his blessing to distribute the ROMs.

As mentioned before I have a copy of Edtris 2600 as well as SoundX if no one has the ROMs archived.

If neccessary LMK - I have a copy of Edtris that to my knowledge still works.  :) If no one's dumped it I'd be willing to let CPUWIZ do so.

I've got two dumps of Edtris on my hard drive. One is © 1994 and has no sound and no title screen. The other is © 1995 and loads the title screen but then goes to a blank pink screen on Z26. What is the Hozer cart version like?

The Hozer version of Edtris has a serial number encoded in the ROM which will be displayed in the title screen. If there is no valid serial number in the ROM, the game will not play and show a blank screen instead. So, making replacement copies of your cart for others without asking Ed's permission first might not be such a good idea.

Ciao, Eckhard Stolberg

Acc'd to Ed's homepage Randy is still selling the carts, so I'd say he's a bit out of date. I hope the e-mail addy on the site is valid; I sent him a note asking him how he'd feel about redistribution of his ROMs.

We'll see if I get a response.

Oh, I checked, just to be sure, and my copy of Edtris is still functional. Still fun, too... although I never noticed that it's missing the square block piece before.

Since you didn't mention it:

Did you test it abd does is still work?

yes of course. all my games were tested before making photos, and again today to be 100% sure of my statement!

i noticed that Edtris has a number "0225"

does anybody know if this is any serial number?

greetings

fish